Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to shoot a recurve all the time when I was younger and I wanted to pick one up again. I got the 40# Sage 2 wks. ago and have been shooting it every day having a great time. It shoots very well. I want to thank all the guys who offered help and advice to get me started again. I still have lots of questions and have a lot to learn but plan on enjoying the journey.

Currently shooting the fast flight string w/beaver puffs, Beaman Centershot 600's, and True Flight 5" shields fletched with right helical on my Bitz. My DL is 27" so approx. 38#'s. I'm shooting off the shelf but think I need to add a toothpick to the strike plate and under the bear hair rest as I'm getting a little nock contact. I'll tune more later to get rid of that. I haven't touched my compound since getting the recurve.....it's just not as fun lol!!!

A note......I thought it was really cool how the label on each shaft was perfectly lined up in that group....I swear I didn't touch them to do that!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW.....that was approx. 22yds on that group.......

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Your happiness is ours.

Keep making us happy, please.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Thin Man.

I'm so glad that I have been "bitten" by the Trad. bug. Everything about it feels so natural and "right". I did shoot my compound a couple of times Sunday and it truly felt like an alien object in my hand despite the thousands of arrows that have gone thru it!

I am shooting true "instinctive" and it is hard to describe the emotions I feel when I see a perfect arrow flying through the air and hitting that tiny spot I was concentrating on. I feel very blessed to have this forum and the wisdom that so many have shared with me!

Thanks again guys!!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Having fun, that's what it's all about! X2 here, my compound has only been shot once since I bought a recurve and I now own 3 recurves. I just can't get enough and think about it when I am not shooting, they are hard to put down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts