Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a curiosity question... well, I have a "problem", well maybe it isn't a problem. I shoot a DXT @ 70# w/ a 29" draw and an HHA sight. I have been shooting for 20 years. I shoot in a 3-D archery league every weekend from Feb.- Sept. I try to shoot in my yard 2-3 times a week. My problem is that when I am executing my shot sequence, I cannot get my pin up on the bullseye. I always seem to be holding my pin @ the 6:00 position. I actually do not shoot too bad. My average in the league is a 283 out of 300 points. Should I worry about this, or since I seem to shoot fairly well anyway, just not worry about it?

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Try bringing your pin down from the top. It takes less muscles and energy to drop your arm than raise it. Good first question. Next?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds like TP!! I had the same exact problem. Took a long time rewire my brain. Tons and tons of blind bailing (still shoot 20-30 arrows a day that way). Also switched to a thumb release that I learned to shoot back tension style. First step is admitting you got it. Good luck!! There is days worth of info on here to help you out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Look up youtube , Performance-Archery.tv | Episode 24 | Dot Holding Low .
I think you need to watch this, there are quite a few reasons for dot holding low,
Good luck.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Creep tuning your bow and adding twists to the bowstring my help the float. Give you a steadier aim. Let it float on the target.

·
Registered
968 Posts
your draw length is too long or .....

......... to be honest if you have been shooting 20 plus years , why on earth are you trying to draw 70 lbs at 3d ????????
too much weight , crank er down and enjoy man !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response... I watched that video. Very informative. I didn't have the time today to go out and try any of the stuff in the video, but I will. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think my draw is too long, for the simple fact that I am 6'2" and shoot a 29" draw. Actually, I feel cramped! My bow arm seems flexed way to far. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sounds a bit short , this can cause pin steadiness problems as well ?
Holding low is also said to be a sign of the dreaded TP
as well ?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
definitely a form of tp. i went to a circle and my problems disappeared.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think in the video, he talks about peep height not being set right can cause the sight holding low. You say draw lenght is right and you feel cramped, you might be be fighting to get your head and body to line up with the peep.
Good luck Champ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts