Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else out there been having trouble getting Mathews to respond to emails or voice mails? I emailed and then called concerning an issue with my mathews and a week later still no response. A freind says he emailed a couple times then just gave up after weeks with no response.

This has never been a problem in the past, even a year or two ago. I know there have been jokes about Nike buying them, but I'm beginning to wonder if they are being sold or something, cause they don't seem to be doing well at taking care of customers anymore.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Go through your local Mathews dealer------you will get a quicker response, especially this time of the year. I believe Mathews prefers you use the dealer.:wink: :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had no problems at all. I went into Mathews forum room & PMed Bob Jenkins about a cable problem I was having with my new bow. He answerd me, called my proshop (who did not want to cover it under warranty), & had new cable out in mail by the end of the day. I was repaired all under warranty in less than week. :)

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Busy time of year I suppose.

keep trying and sorry you couldn't get through.

Maybe we can answer your questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dale_B1 said:
Go through your local Mathews dealer------you will get a quicker response, especially this time of the year. I believe Mathews prefers you use the dealer.:wink: :)
Normally I would, but Mathews quit selling to the place where I bought and now the guy down the road is selling them. I tried going there, but he's still the same arrogant guy on his high horse, that laughed at me and my buddies a couple years ago for shooting Mathews bows at one of his shoots. He says he has to charge for any warranty work, something the previous shop never did to me. Personally, I have no desire to give him my business anyway, and I don't really want to travel to another dealer. I told Mathews this but still no response.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
gobowhunting said:
Normally I would, but Mathews quit selling to the place where I bought and now the guy down the road is selling them. I tried going there, but he's still the same arrogant guy on his high horse, that laughed at me and my buddies a couple years ago for shooting Mathews bows at one of his shoots. He says he has to charge for any warranty work, something the previous shop never did to me. Personally, I have no desire to give him my business anyway, and I don't really want to travel to another dealer. I told Mathews this but still no response.
The dealer is free to charge for his labor as he sees fit... Mathews nor any other bow company is going to tell him he can't. The warranty is on parts not shop labor.

You will need to deal with this dealer or find another... who will probably charge for labor as well...

·
Registered
890 Posts
no problems here

I e-mailed them last week about some warranty service around 8 am, and they replied at 10:21 am, and solved my problem w/o a question. My original dealer shut down so they directed me to the closest dealer who fixed it in an hour. I've never heard of any problems with Mathews service.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
I too never got any responce to several e-mails but once I called and spoke with Steve in the warranty Dept, things got taken care of NOW and yes a dealer CAN stick you with shipping and labor:pukey: if he wants

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mathews

Not just Mathews and other Bow Cos, Many business owners do not attend to their E-mail as they should.
If it is important,pick up the phone and dial. I have found this always works best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
JAVI said:
The dealer is free to charge for his labor as he sees fit... Mathews nor any other bow company is going to tell him he can't. The warranty is on parts not shop labor.

Yea, I know that, it's just that the previous dealer did it free when you bought from him which was nice, but now he can't. I don't care if Mathews let's new shops sell their stuff, but don't stop the previous dealers from taking care of customers who gave Mathews their business and want to continue doing business with the shop of their choice. Customers should be able to decide which shop gets their business, instead of Mathews making that decision for them, and then, may the best dealer win.

I have heard all the stuff about protected territory, and that's fine if the place you bought from keeps it, or even if they add others. But if they are going to switch around, then they are leaving their customers out to dry, or forcing them to go to another shop, because as someone said, they prefer you work through the local dealer. If that's the case, than let me work with the dealer I bought from, and not force me to find another. If the shop goes out of business that's one thing, but if they are still there but you are not "allowed" to work with them, and Mathews makes that choice, not you, that totally different.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
There are many reasons that a shop may lose their dealership... I'm not going to delve into all of them... But why wouldn't Mathews or any other company have the right to decide who sells their product.. I understand your problem, but some things just happen for good reason... and some things don't...

Mathews isn't going to respond to this type of e-mail or correspondence and IMO they don't need to... If you have a warranty issue that cannot be resolved with the new dealer other than cost of labor then I'm sure Mathews will take care of fixing the issue... if not that is between you and the dealer...

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
gobowhunting said:
Any one else out there been having trouble getting Mathews to respond to emails or voice mails? I emailed and then called concerning an issue with my mathews and a week later still no response. A freind says he emailed a couple times then just gave up after weeks with no response.

This has never been a problem in the past, even a year or two ago. I know there have been jokes about Nike buying them, but I'm beginning to wonder if they are being sold or something, cause they don't seem to be doing well at taking care of customers anymore.

Any thoughts?

There is this gizmo some guy invented around a century ago...used to be attached to peoples walls...right in there homes!

E-mails don't work with most busy businesses, use the phone, and after a few rings you'll hear..."Thank you for calling Mathews Inc., How can I direct your call"!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JAVI said:
. But why wouldn't Mathews or any other company have the right to decide who sells their product..
Mathews isn't going to respond to this type of e-mail or correspondence and IMO they don't need to... If you have a warranty issue that cannot be resolved with the new dealer other than cost of labor then I'm sure Mathews will take care of fixing the issue... if not that is between you and the dealer...

That's my point, they did decide who was going to sell their product, and then changed their minds, and now I, the customer, has to pay the price.
The warranty issue is not just the price, it's the dealer also. My email was very polite, and did not get into all this stuff, and I'm sorry, but as a customer of Mathews, I feel I deserve a response.

And also, as I said, I left a voice mail. Yes, I got the how may I direct your call, and was then put through to someones voicemail, left a brief message and still no response.

·
mmmmm.......beer!
1,555 Posts
Kelsnore said:
There is this gizmo some guy invented around a century ago...used to be attached to peoples walls...right in there homes!

E-mails don't work with most busy businesses, use the phone, and after a few rings you'll hear..."Thank you for calling Mathews Inc., How can I direct your call"!
Read his first post, he said he emailed and left a voice mail. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
You know what? And I'm really not trying to be rude, but to put it mildly, you have to suck it up. Dealers have to make money too. My mathews dealer is one of the best in the South east, he's not a milionare, he's a working man. If the fact that your feelings are still hurt from 2 years ago, then maybe you need to drive another to another Mathews dealer. It's all business, these guys are not your drinkin buddies (well, maybe sometimes:wink: ) but all in all you cannot hold Mathews responsible for the ill temper or arrogance of one of their dealers. I'm sure he sells other bows as well, and is just as arrogant sellinga Hoyt, or Botech, or Martin for that matter..We are in a very specialized sport, you aint going to walmart or Bass Pro to get your stuff worked on. You bought a specialized bow, so you have to take the good and bad with it...:darkbeer:

Pay the man 30 bucks to put your bow together...It's his time, his store, and his bow (in a way)

Again, I'm not being rude, just truthful about it....:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
JAVI said:

You will need to deal with this dealer or find another... who will probably charge for labor as well...
Payinq to fix what shoudnt have broke in the first place rubs me wronq.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Broken_Arrow said:
Ok... sounds like you need to find a bow company with a warranty that includes labor charges...:wink: 'cause some dealers are going to charge for warranty labor especially on bows they did not sell... and rightly so IMO they need to eat also...:tongue:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Broken_Arrow said:
And I agree with you.

Manufacturers should reimburse dealers for warranty work.:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts