Archery Talk Forum banner

Hawk Crawler cart

504 10
Anyone have recent experience with these? I searched and only found threads from a few years ago. I hunt anywhere from corn fields to big timber with hills and logging roads. I like the idea of it rolling over logs but I seen some posts about flat tires and then some about new run flat tires. Are they really worth the cost? I will only be using it a few times a year because I usually hunt a private farm with ATV access but I do like to hit some public land now and again.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Anyone have recent experience with these? I searched and only found threads from a few years ago. I hunt anywhere from corn fields to big timber with hills and logging roads. I like the idea of it rolling over logs but I seen some posts about flat tires and then some about new run flat tires. Are they really worth the cost? I will only be using it a few times a year because I usually hunt a private farm with ATV access but I do like to hit some public land now and again.
I‘ve been using carts for over 30 years and really liked the Cabelas Magnum Hauler. I had seen the Crawler advertisements for a few years and this year bought one. Now after using it I think it’s the best out there.
Due to age and disabilities I knew the day would come where I could no longer carry on my back and that started last year. I hang and hunt every outing on public land so I needed something better than the standard cart and the Crawler is it. I haul in and out on the Crawler every hunt. It easily hauls deer and my gear at the same time. It just does everything well on top of going over fallen trees and logs. It doesn’t want to tip over sideways, it goes up and down hills great, and works well in most terrains. The four wheel axle design balances well and the smaller fat tires and the fact that there is four of them don’t sink into soft ground.
This cart goes to the bottom of every tree I’m in with no problem.
As far as air tires goes a can of Slime for prevention will prevent leaks. I had air tires on my last cart for many years and never had a leak.
The size of the cart and especially the handle designs is so much better than the standard straight handle. The fat rubber tubing on handle and handle shape is easy on the hands and great for cold weather.
The down side is it doesn’t turn as well, just like trailers, a single axle turns easier than a dual axle, but that hasn’t been an issue for me.
Some have reported missing bolts or clips so that might require a trip to the hardware store, but that’s also a nonissue for me.
All other carts now seemed like a fight to use in comparison the the Crawler. Other carts will get the job done for most but the Crawler does it better.

· Registered
2,137 Posts
It’s the balls. I also struggle with the flat tire thing. Ive been meaning to throw a tube in it but haven’t yet.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to wait until next year but for $120 shipped I think I am going to do it. I have access to barrow an ATV if needed but I am kind of torn because if I barrow it and it breaks down, etc. its kind of on me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.