Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 of these stands this year and got to use them during archery & rifle season. I recently was asked about my experience with these stands so I decided to post a review.
Hits-

1. This is a comfortable stand that I can and have sat all day in. There is a bar that is under the seat almost all the way at the back. If you sit up very straight, it is possible to feel this bar, but this is barely noticeable and doesn't add any discomfort for me at all and I weigh 200 lbs.
2. Roomy platform and nice foot rest
3. Stand is quiet with no squeaks
4. Comfortable to pack in if you only have a short hike

Misses-
1. This is a fairly heavy stand and I wouldn't recommend it to people who have to pack the stand in on foot long distances or are looking for a run and gun type stand. The added weight makes it a little difficult to hang on larger trees that you can't easily reach around.
2. The included strap is a friction type strap and not a ratchet type strap. It works well to hold stand on tree for fast hanging, but you can't get the strap nice and tight which will allow the bottom of the stand to shift a little as you shift weight on the stand from side to side... Like when getting in and out of the stand.

Overall Impression-
I highly recommend this stand to a guy that is looking for a comfortable stand that he can sit all day in. A stand that you aren't going to be moving several times during the season. and anyone that likes a nice big platform. I would strongly recommend the use of a ratchet strap. A ratchet strap doesn't cost much and this stand will not hold solid tight to the tree without it. This stand is a great stand for the money!

I wouldn't recommend this stand to a guy wanting a light run & gun type stand or a guy that plans on packing a stand in a long ways by foot. I would look hard at the helium stand by hawk if this is your goal. I don't have experience with the helium stand, but it looks to be a lighter version of the kick back... But with a different type of seat.

Hope this will help you make your decision. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
thanks for the review. i own a couple and agree. very comfortable, but a stand that you want to leave up and not be packing.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
thanks for the review. i was thinking of getting a couple of those. i emailed hawk the other day and they told me they are planning to release a helium version of the kickback, around 15 lbs. they're also working on some more aluminum stands for 2016.

·
Hard hits, short trails!
76 Posts
I have the Helium version (alum) with just the cushion seat ant these have been great. lightweight, comfy, quiet and no problems getting the straps tight. Highly recomend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts