Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new new stryker 390 with the sr xb1 .. While i like the new xb1,i still like the xb30 better. To me it seems like its harder to focus with the xb1. you have to be just right,or slightly blurry,something i did not have with the xb30 .Any other comments or comparisons .

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no hawke shooters with both scopes????

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have no experience with the XB30 but I am quite satisfied, and have noticed no focus issues, with the XB31 on my Solution LS.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i might have to send it in,end of season,to be looked at.If not looking through it dead center,out from center will be blurry.My cheap scopes dont do that,so not sure what it is..JIM

·
Registered
34 Posts
I spent some time this morning looking through mine from different angles. If I look through it off center enough, I do notice some blurriness at the edges but it really doesn't occur until I start to get fade out from the misalignment of the front and rear optics. I'm not sure if that is what you are experiencing or not. I have my scope positioned to where my eye falls naturally in place for the optimum eye relief, as well as being centered,when I have my normal cheek weld on the stock and so I am not normally looking off center through the scope but as I played around this morning, it does seems the scope is a bit touchy about eye position for the best field of vision.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes,id say thats what im getting,seems unless i am just right,i just didnt have that with the xd30.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I would think you would want to be looking through it correctly in the first place, but I know how this can be annoying if it's touchy. When I shoulder my Stryker with a Red Hot pinpoint scope, I can instantly find that perfect spot without any effort. When I shoulder my Excalibur with a XB30 pro, I do take notice of what you are explaining in your post. It's not a big deal but it's amazing how fast I can get comfortable with that Red Hot pinpoint scope, it's instant. Something like that makes that scope become your go to scope sometimes...even if I did pay 100 dollars more for the other one.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only reason i asked about the xbs ,was sighting it in,seemed touchy.Ive only had it a week.But i also know from hunting with a crossbow for years,being a little awkward in a tree,alignment can be off a little to make the shot.And time to take the shot comes very fast at times,you turn and there hitting your last shooting lane .We get very few chances for a shot hunting in our area,and just want it right,then when i screw up,its me ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts