Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have hands on experience with BOTH of these. I own a HBS, but have the option of an arctic shield at a very nice price. I love my hbs but see added features on the arctic shield. How did they compare. Please don’t mention the iwom because it’s not one of my options. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Owned HBS for a couple years. Bought AS last year. Sold HBS and have not looked back. Wind protection is supreme in the Arctic Shield. AS is also much less bulky.

·
Registered
15,355 Posts
Does anyone have hands on experience with BOTH of these. I own a HBS, but have the option of an arctic shield at a very nice price. I love my hbs but see added features on the arctic shield. How did they compare. Please don’t mention the iwom because it’s not one of my options. Thanks!
Care to share where you are getting a good deal on one?
I have a HBS and am looking at the Arctic Shield as well.

·
Registered
11,082 Posts
I only have the Arctic Shield and I purchased it for all the reasons above. I had no problems in unzipping the arms and shooting from the ground, no blind just behind some trees.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
IWOM.... Sorry, couldn't resist :wink:
I do have a buddy that tried an Arctic Shield and went back to his HBS because he said the AS was too loud.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
I have Arctic Shield bibs and Parka and have been a big fan of their stuff for years. I am also considering the Arctic Shield body suit. I posted on here about it when it first came out and my thread created some buzz and a few guys bought them. I didn't end up buying one but will consider it this year.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have Arctic Shield bibs and Parka and have been a big fan of their stuff for years. I am also considering the Arctic Shield body suit. I posted on here about it when it first came out and my thread created some buzz and a few guys bought them. I didn't end up buying one but will consider it this year.
I got a screamin deal on the AS, but I haven't used it yet. Make sure you order a size down, they run huge.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Size down. I had to return my XL for L. Optics Planet still has a good deal on them.

·
Registered
11,082 Posts
Yes they run extremely big. I believe right after I got mine, some store was selling them for $200.00 go figure

·
Registered
11,082 Posts
Yes get a large.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts