Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one today but still want feedback particularly about hand shock and cam lean. If I have too many negative reports I'll cancel.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
It really depends on what you have been shooting. The bows jump like a jumping bean when shot. Definitely not dead in the hand. I guess if you are doing a lot of hiking and only taking one shot it might be OK. I have owned one for a while, but I just couldn't get used to that jumping. If you add a bunch of weight on it you are really just defeating the purpose of a light bow to begin with:)

You really should shoot this bow along side the top offerings of other companies. I think you will see and feel a difference like night and day.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
At the risk of getting jumped on by High Country fans, I would advise you to cancel it !!! I got 2 in a row with carbon fibers sticking out of the riser. On top of that, mine was dreadfully slow. At 65 lbs and 29" draw with a 400 grain arrow, I was only getting in the 240's for speed.My 5 year old High Country Ultra Force was 13 fps faster at 10 lbs less draw weight. I ended up sending it back. It then took almost a full year to get my money back.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
They are good bows. I know the company is in low spot among the gang around here but never the less HCA makes good bows. I don't think they are leading the way anymore and it's time for them to revamp the line but they make a unique bow with the carbon. If I was hiking in the elk mountains of Colorado I would like the weight of them for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re;Carbon TSSR

I have a 2005 TSSR carbon bow with the full TSSR pakage and I love this bow.I shoot 400 grain arrows at about 290 fps @70lbs.There is no hand shock and the bow dosn't jump,it is very quiet and is great for spot and stalk hunting.the finish on mine is flawless.As a bonus ,in cold weather the bow almost feels warm in my hand as compared to an aluninum rise bow.I usually shot about 100 arrows 2-3 times a week all year and have not had any problums with this bow.It is a great bow in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have got one word for you ...AWESOME! I love my TSSR! I have been shooting it for a couple years now with no problems once so ever. As far as handshock goes, it has been non-existent in my experience. The only shock I experience with this bow, is the shock and awe of the speeds I am able to shoot! :shade: I don't know what others are saying about this bow being slow, mine shoots 355 Feet Per Second!

Just my 2 cents...:wink:

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
The only two I've been in contact with at our shop ended up having very severe cam-lean due to weak limbs. I did the guys a favor and sent them back to HCA, and when we recieved them back they were just as bad as when we sent them back. Both customers ultimately got fed up with them and sold them.

The bows are not faster than anything else shooting a similar arrow if that is an issue with you. They do jump, but that is because of the mass weight. They're too light. Great for carrying around, but not stable for shooting. And I don't own a bow for carrying--shooting is much more fun.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I have a TSS that still shoots great. Regarding the hand shock... you might want to try tiller tuning it. Since there is very little mass weight, it can be very unforgiving. I had to have the top limb backed off by about two revolutions. You will have to experiment with your setup to find the best setting. I lost about 3 pounds of peak draw weight, but it is absolutely silent with little to no hand shock. I don't even need string whiskers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts