Archery Talk Forum banner

He shoots...........he scores...........his first bow kill! YES!!!!!!

2179 16
My 15 year old son finally did it this evening. He scored his first bow kill. He got himself about an 80 pound boar with his Martin Bengal using 85 grain Magnus Stingers. It was about the freakiest shot I have ever witnessed. We were hunting in a ground blind near a feeder and food plot and my next door neighbor was in a tripod stand about 30 yards from us. We had a group of 4 pigs come in and we let them settle under the feeder. My neighbor struck first shooting a Mathews Drenalin pushing 190 grain Simmons Land Sharks and he dropped one in his tracks. They didn't spook and kept on eating and my son drew down on one from the ground blind that couldn't have been over 3 to 4 yards away. He squeezed off a shot and threaded that Stinger right down the middle of his liver. He staggered about 75 yards and folded. We will have pictures by tomorrow. Wow what an exciting afternoon. Can you tell dad is excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Moderator, I made a mistake, will you move this one over to the Bow Hunting section please? I thought that was where I was at when I started it. Thanks

· Registered
18,691 Posts
Congrats to your son!!

And it has been moved for you. :thumb:

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Now thats a SMILE ! Congrats

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
Phenomenal...a big congrats to your son and a kudos to you for introducing him to the sport:thumb:
I'm sure this is just of the many current and future memories you will have in the woods:archery:

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Way to go!:darkbeer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.