Archery Talk Forum banner

Head Shot

1895 Views 27 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  NEWYORKHILLBILLY
I was out scouting for turkeys and hogs yesterday when I caught this guy cruising along the ditch. Put on a little "stalk" and shot him at 15yds. This is the 4th one in 2 days!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
snakes

here in NY they made it illegal to kill a rattlesnake ,so we keep it a secret.:)

· Registered
8,137 Posts
People who fear snakes shoudn't go outside...........
I say leave them alone...............
I don't fear snakes. It's those venom that comes outta those fangs that give me the shivers. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was a cotton mouth; not a really big one. I will only kill them and copperheads. I actually really like snakes. I use to bring home chicken snakes and king snakes when I was a kid. This one was in an area that I plan on turkey hunting next week. I don't really want him crawling up in my lap! I've had some close calls in the turkey woods.

· Registered
631 Posts
Hi,

I kill every snake I see.
Wow, impressive. Sorry, but I just think that's a little ridiculous. I understand that some people "hate" snakes... whatever that means. I don't much care for cats. But does that have to translate into killing them... killing every cat I see?

Pointless. Carry on.

-Witty

· Registered
693 Posts
I'll shoot any poisonous snake found on my property or any snake in/around my area of the like during the summer. I don't want my daughter being bit. If its nonpoisonous and not by the lake, I'll probably call her over to look at it. If its by the lake during a time when its too cold to swim I'll let if be (unless swimming weather is only a week or two away)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.