Archery Talk Forum banner

headed to illinois in the am

702 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  BOHO
the time has come for me to venture to southern illinois. goodbuy michigan, hello big bucks! (or at lest a better chance at one).

any one been in the woods in southern ill? looks like the weather is going to cooperate this week and next.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14,752 Posts
I think you picked a good time.....temps dropping for Thursday and beyond...they should be moving a little more.

A lot of crops are still up so that is slowing things down a bit around me.

· Registered
462 Posts
Heard of several big ones killed the first week of the season. Mosquitos are HORRIBLE!!! I've never seen them this bad. Crops are up and trees are still full of leaves. Not a fun time to be in the woods, but you can't kill them sitting on the couch.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I spent the weekend camping with the family. The mosquitos are out in full force. (Sorry for the bad news.) Bring plenty of bug spray if you use it.

· Registered
6,069 Posts
crops are still up, trees have a ton of leaves still, temps have been warm, but supposed to cool down later this week, only yearlings have been moving, skeeters are aweful. That being said, deer trails are heavily traveled, scrapes and rubs are slowly beginning to show up and hopefully these cooler temps will bring some movement, some of the crops are being harvested, and this cold front should bring some wind and rain to get rid of some of the leaves.

What county are you going to?

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
where you going in southern IL. i live about 15 min east of mt. vernon. i am a farmer so i have been to. busy to go yet this year. good luck.
if you ever need some help with controlling the deer population make sure to let me know. :)

good luck on your Illinois trip bro. Be safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.