crossbows are archery :)
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few different types:

thunderhead 125 grains

Rage 2 blade 100

NAP scorpion 3 blade 100 grain

Slick trick Mag 125 grain

Goning to be shot out of Parker Enforce x-bow and an Elite 2013 Hunter 65 DW @ 29 DL. both arrows will be approx 400 grains +/- 20 grains :wink:

Koz

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
From your choices;.... Slick Trick... hands down!! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Take a look at the DRT by Dirt Nap Gear. I would say the DRT's are tougher than the others you have listed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just got back from a hog hunt two days ago. I used NAP Kill zone. I am not a big mechanical fan, however, I used these heads on my hunt last week. They fly great and OMG are they a killer. First day I shot my hog, and the guys I was with could not believe how big of a hole it put into this hog. The hog only went 40 yards. For sure take a good look at these heads.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just went hog hunting about 2 weeks ago. My kill shot was with a Rage 2-blade, dropped the hog almost dead in it's tracks. I have to say it left a massive wound. My first shot on the hog was with a Grim Reaper Hades and it barely fazed the hog at all!

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
10 guys & you will get10 different suggestions. Put it where it needs to be. I use a 3 blade fixed.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Shot 5 in Florida this past winter, Slick trick 125 all the way

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
not sure you can just use either a 100g or a 125g broadhead, make sure your setup is ok with one of those weight points, cus it wont shoot the same with either one....you could have some serious problems if a 125g is too heavy a piont and weakens spine too much...

I prefer a fixed blade BH myself,

·
Registered
178 Posts
Slick tricks always appear on this list. I'm going to try them. I used the steel force PhatHead 100gr last weekend and blew through a hog at 22 yrds. Built well, VERY tough blade, RAZOR sharp (I have the scars to prove it, use a broad head wrench) and you get lifetime sharpening of the main blades from steel force. Had to do a little Broadhead tuning but once I got them dialed in fly great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use Slick Trick Razor Tricks, use them on everything I hunt. Since blades are cheap I replace them after every shot but lots of life out of each head. I have heads that have killed lots of animals and are still going. Messing with the tiny screws to replace the blades is a pain in the ass but I am use to it. I have them flying with my field points so I don't have to adjust my site from practise arrows to hunting setup, it all stays the same. I shot a hog a while back, large one tiped the scales at 300 lbs. Hit him at about 35 yards on jog. Got lucky put the arrow right through the ticker and it blew all the way through him and the arrow went skipping out accross the rocks on the mountain. Hog turned and charged me, a foot race ensued but was over quickly as he only went maybe 30 or so yards stopped, was pumping like a fountain out of both sides of him and he started wobbling and fell over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts