Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin on getting a headlamp to use this next season and i've been looking through the Cabelas catolog and see about 12 different ones that all seem alike :confused:
So what one is the brightest with the better field of view that comes with a green lense thats supposed to be invisible to animals? Does the green light really work?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Petzels and Blackdiamonds are very nice and realiable. Also for another alternative look into Princeton Tec.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking at Petzels but I cant decide on a model... :(

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at the rechargable model. Hint they problably aren't on Cabelas goto Petzels site, Campmor or Backcountry.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
NAASP
14,544 Posts
head lamp

I preferre LED.

Princeton Tec makes a good head lamp.

·
Registered
580 Posts
yes the green really works!! i use the streamlight trident and love it but there are much better brighter ones out on the market...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats cool about the green light!!! Got a few spots that are awesome but trying to get to them in the mornin before shooting light is very hard!

·
Registered
177 Posts
you can go to wallmart get you a rayovac /15.00/ has kripton bulb , two red leds , and a white led , works great. I about got run over by two deer on the way in to the woods they never seen me i like to sh-t my pants :eek: ,i know for a fact they do not see red lights , :eek: :beer:eek:nly uses 3 aaa bateries :thumbs_up

·
DefiantShooter
10,946 Posts
Browning?

Don't they have a few out.........I'm also looking!!!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I saw them at Wally World but are they that great at only 10 bucks?

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
If you want the brightest, with the best field of view buy a K lites belt light or something similiar from any coonhunting supply store. i use mine to coonhunt and track deer down and you can buy green, amber, or blue lenses. The high side tops out at 750,000 candlepower while the low side can go from pretty dim to pretty bright and will go a lot of nights in the woods before it needs a recharge. People that are not around them dont realize how handy a coonlight is for finding downed game, especially the nice ones. Mine would run around $300 but you can get a Nite Sport or something similiar for around $70.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thats more candle power than some spot lights!!!
Yeah finding down came after dark is a pain in the but unless you have good light.
Those **** lights are wat too bunky :(

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have one of the Petzels and I really like it but I still prefer to use a flashlight when walking in the dark woods. LED headlamps kind of give a glow where as flashlights have direct light. I don't see where having a light invisible in the woods is that much of an advantage. If a deer can see your light, he's close enough to see you, smell you and hear you.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
AJ008 said:
Thats more candle power than some spot lights!!!
Yeah finding down came after dark is a pain in the but unless you have good light.
Those **** lights are wat too bunky :(
Mine wieghs 2.3 pounds, you dont even know you have it on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts