Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i have heared talk about taking carter releases apart and cleaning and polishing the insides of it.
should i be doing this or no?
thankx

·
Registered
545 Posts
It should be left to the professionals. I tried it one time with a BK 3D and it is scattered all over my back yard.;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
For you :confused: NO!!!!!!:cool: I don't recommend it. Best to send them to Carter for repair as long as you have a back up release and don't mind being without your release for 6-8 weeks.

Unless your impatient and curious like me :p then you take it apart and then the springs go BOING :eek: across the family room and then you have to crawl around on your floor with a flashlight digging in the carpet looking for the little 125 pd spring that you heard ricochet off the wall ceiling plant TV wall :(

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
To keep springs and parts from flying all around the house, just put the release in a baggy big enough for the release and your hands so everything stays in the baggy!

thanks,
aaron

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I don't recommend taking the release apart either!
Carter Releases are the finest releases on the market and they have a very excellent Repair System. My Targetmaster started to malfunction. I called Carter to find out how much the repairs would cost and to get a RMA number.
They were extremely helpful, they gave me the number and I rushed to the post office. I had my release back in less than 3 weeks and the repairs were done for free under warranty.:)
I use that release every day for at least 2 hours, so it has a lot of shots thru it. It has never given me a bit of trouble since it was repaired.

Do yourself a favor and send it in to the Professionals to be repaired!!!!!!!

Dick

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
A while back you had posted about cleaning/maintaining your Carter. The replies were good and they did mention that opening your release voids the warrenty. Just use canned air and blow it into the spaces you can see and don't be careless with it your release.

Bowgal

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thankx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts