Archery Talk Forum banner

Heater body suit

5578 Views 34 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  cornfedkiller
Does this really work? Normally cold weather hunting here is in the single digits is this really going too keep me toasty when is five degrees out?
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
oh yeah. I used my uncles all gun season and I will deff have one before this season. I sat in below zero temps with 20plus mph winds and was warm and toasty! I sat all day a few diff times because of it. well worth the money. I used it in my climber and had no problems putting it on or taking it off.

· Registered
3,500 Posts
I had 2 warmbags, sent them both back due to problems with zippers and noisey fabric. got a Heater Body suit and won't go back, it is simply awesome!

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Yes they work better then you can beleave

· Registered
10 Posts
i was price conscious as well, when deciding what to buy. i bought a warmbag and it was way too noisy and i felt way too constricted being in a bag where my legs couldn't move individually. i wised up quickly and sent the warmbag right back and bought a heater body suit! i thought in the long run this purchase could actually save me money. now i won't be tempted to keep buying different types of clothing that claim they will keep me warm. what you spend is what you get, so i went with the top of the line! plus i don't need to worry about batteries, wires, or heat packs, the suit is simply trapping my body heat. what can i say...the heater body suit is absolutely perfect!
- there are two legs so i can easily move on stand or in my blind
- it's windproof
- water resistant, so it's not noisy in the extremely cold weather, but if it should rain the water will just beed off
- there are no arms so your limbs are close to your core, keeping warm
- there's adjustable straps on the inside that criss-cross over your chest so when you are ready to take a shot the suit isn't falling to your ankles

HEATER BODY SUIT = BRILLIANCE

· Registered
672 Posts
Are you sure the heat radiated from them does not cause cancer?

· Registered
443 Posts
Live in Minnesota and wish I bought mine sooner. It will save ya money, I have many other outfits that I froze in over the years layer this layer that bs. Get a HBS and done.

· RuffLight and Bsquare
16,942 Posts
I hunt NW Minnesota to the last day of the year! Been in mine down to -10 in a howling wind.
I gotta tell they REALLY SUCK! There is nothing worse than having to climb out of that thing to go home!

But seriously, another BIG advantage to them is you can dress so much lighter to get into your stand.

· Registered
396 Posts
I really like mine. I bought an economy model, I believe it was called the comfort zone HBS? It has some cut-backs compared to the regular HBS - like generic insulation, etc. It was like $199 plus shipping. It can be a challenge to put it on - especially if you have a small stand. But once it's on it really keeps you warm as advertised and once you use it a few times it gets easier to put on. I have not had a shot at a deer yet while I've been wearing it - hopefully this year!

· Aim Small, Miss Small
5,622 Posts
I absolutely love mine, and will never hunt in cold weather without it again..Wish I wouldve bought it sooner - then I wouldnt have wasted my money on a bunch of other clothes and boots that didnt keep me warm!

As redruff said, it REALLY suck when you have to get out of it at the end of your hunt!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.