Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for approx. 11-12 gpi, standard diameter, full carbon arrow. I was leaning toward the Easton Axis. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I use Easton Axis. Run 50 grain inserts at 300 spine, 30" arrow. Love mine, hit like hell. I'm a little over 500 grains in my build.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im looking for approx. 11-12 gpi, standard diameter, full carbon arrow. I was leaning toward the Easton Axis. Any suggestions?
If 11-12 gpi is your priority then try the Axis. If standard diameter or close to standard diameter is your priority then consider Easton Matrix or Easton Hexx.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I know the OP said 11-12 grain carbon arrows. If he wants heavy arrows, look at the Easton 2219 aluminum shafts. They weigh 13.8 grains per inch. My Easton 2219 hunting shaft @ 30 inches with a 200 grain COC broadhead weighs approx 685 grain.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,767 Posts
You are better off looking at the finished arrow weight you want. You can get that way in many different ways. You can buy light arrows and get more spine so you can get the weight with more FOC and heavier points or you can buy a heavier shaft and use standard points.

You really didn't give us much to go on. I can tell you this.....people think there is magic in arrows and there is not. Some might be tougher, straighter, better spec's etc but that's in the data sheets and is no secret.

If you pick the right spine and know how to tune the bow for the arrow you bought in the end it's way more about how well you can set up the bow than the arrow you bought.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think your after Carbon Express heritage hunting arrows 350 spine 11.45 gpi and Im pretty sure there standard dia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts