Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here so I'll start off with a little hint to anyone shooting a Howard Hill long bow. I switched from a recurve to a long bow and have been struggling with being able to shoot it as well as my recurve. A buddy of mine told me that adding a quiver full of arrows and using heavy arrows could help alot. Weight=Stability=Accuracy. I was already shooting 2314's out of this 60# bow, but I added a 175 grain head and a 27"Lg. piece of rope inserted into the shaft and made these arrows weigh 863 grains. I know this sounds ridiculously heavy but I swear it improved my arrow flight and my groups got a lot smaller in a hurry. I had to adjust my instincter but that was complete in about a day. Try it if your having trouble. It might work for you too.

Registered
Compulsive said:
made these arrows weigh 863 grains. I know this sounds ridiculously heavy but I swear it improved my arrow flight and my groups
we need to start a 800 club heh, heh, heh... i discovered the bonus of heavy arrows last year. i can go from a 85-150 gr broadhead at 20 yds no difference!

by the way be careful your rope doesn't get any moisture or water in it. another solution rather than rope is to use polypropolene! waterproof and consistent in weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts