Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a heavy broadhead in the 150-175 grain range. Who makes them and what style of head are they?

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Magnus Stinger 150 grain. 4 blade cut on contact.
Steelforce Phathead 145 grain. 4 blade, coc.

Also, check out Alaska bowhunting supply, they have some good ones in that weight range.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Check out Alaskan Bowhunting Supply they have some great heads available, but they're pricey. Magnus and Steelforce are safe bets as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Guess I should've read the previous post. He must of read my mind. This man knows a good broadhead when he sees one! Ditto for what the 1st poster wrote.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Which BH's

Take a look at Simmon Sharks, Dave is a nice guy and they are tough, true, and shoot like darts. Believe me they do some damage. [email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I will be checking these out. Where can you find them?

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Muzzy makes a 145 grain 4 blade head. Not quite to the 150 grains you mentioned as the minimum but close and they are probably more readily available than some of the others mentioned here. Nothing against the others, they are all exellent heads too, I'm just speaking to availablity if you find yourself in a jam

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How are these heads at higher speeds. I am shooting a 483 grain arrow at 295 fps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts