Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a heavy 10"-12" stabilizer anymore? Seems like all the new stabiliers are short a lightweight. With today's short lightweight bow's I like the longer, heavier stabilizers. Is Bomar Archery Products still around? They used to make some nice stablizers.

ArcherX

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Hey check out Stealth Archery stabilizer. They are somewhat heavier than the models you mentioned and Jerry makes Class A stuff. His stabilizers will do the job, they reduce shock and noise more than any stabilizer I have ever seen.www.stealtharchery.com is the site. pm me and I can tell you more. easton94

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
CARTER CAN 2

Have a look at the Carter Can 2. With this stabilizer you can really customize the feel and the weight as well as the length of the stabilizer. You will not find a better more versatile stabilizer anywhere - period.

The Can 2 is a revolutionary new stabilizer from Carter Enterprises. Built around Harmonic Dampening technology, the Can 2 consists of a machined aluminum housing and a center rod which sits in the middle of the Harmonic Dampeners. The end of the rod is threaded to allow additional weight or a full length stabilizer to be attached.

The Can 2 provides the ultimate in vibration reduction and allows the shooter to attach weights for that perfect balance.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Doinker

Doinker makes the Power Bar that is 11.5" long and weighs 15.7 ounces. I really like this stabilizer for 3D.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Vibracheck 3d Pro, you can add on weights to the end and it is pretty heavy for a short stabilizer. It also fall into legal length even with the add on weights.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i have a 5 or 6" one that is heavy, it is filled with sand type stuff to obsorb shock, worked good for me for 3D.
i bought it new for 30, i will sell it to you for 20 if you want it. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies! I've been borrowing a 12"bomar and really like the feel of it. I don't know how much the bomar weighs but I like alot of weight way out there. I've seen the Doinker 3D power bar on the web and that looks nice too.

Thanks,
ArcherX

·
Registered
644 Posts
Really, they used to make a great target stabilizer. Anybody have any links?

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
ArcherX. Look at the sticker and see what is written on it. it will be either 6f or 0x0. If the 6f marking is there it is a 6 oz front weight the 00 is a balanced stab. It is also on the front of the stab. I have a 6f for sale if you are interested in black.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
We still have Several..

Hydraulic and Powder Filled on our site...

Tha ACE Magnum is still popular...

Check out our Bargain Barn ...
No need to pay more.

GKF Tech

1 - 14 of 14 Posts