Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who on archerytalk.com has used the Hecs suit while hunting, and if so does it work like they say it does?
Will appreciate any feed back.

Thanks cggibbs.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Watch the show, the marshmellow explains it all!
You got too be kiddin me!

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
Stupid gimmick if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Funny the guys commenting have never used one... cos a couple of new Zealands best bow hunters swear by them, one even being mathews pro staff shooter reckons if he has spooked them they just look at him for a bit longer than normal, reckons his dog goes nuts as well when he's suited up in it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Funny the guys commenting have never used one... cos a couple of new Zealands best bow hunters swear by them, one even being mathews pro staff shooter reckons if he has spooked them they just look at him for a bit longer than normal, reckons his dog goes nuts as well when he's suited up in it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I think the biggest differences is where we live and how we hunt. Seems like the people on the East Coast and Midwest that sit in a tree or a ground blind or the biggest critics and do not believe in the benefits of Hecs. On the West Coast where the majority of our hunting is spot and stock hunting I guarantee you will see the advantage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Some of New Zealands best bowhunters will swear by anything they just happen to have in stock and on the shelf at the time.
One even being a Mathews pro shooter that works for advanced archery and would sell you a bridge if you looked at it for to long.
It's also kind of funny how none of the ordinary New Zealand bowhunters don't rate it much at all.

John in New Zealand.

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Went to the website, and started laughing at the first thing I read. I'll pass, let me know when scientists have perfected invisibility cloaks. Then you have my attention.

·
Registered
51,143 Posts
Anything helps, if you have confidence then go for it. BUT no matter what you use to "help" conceal yourself you still have to do everything correctly. Nothing is perfect.
I have sold a number of them and have never heard one complaint.
Just suprised me how many without degrees in this kind of thing, have never personally used them, think things are ridiculous sounding is a sham. But many of the people that have sued these companies have failed to disprove it.
Buy it don't buy it they are doing a pretty good business of selling them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
it blocks your electrical energy so the animals can't tell you're there!!!!! why wouldn't you buy it? I'm personally waiting for the upgrade to it, its called the HECSICSBOG, Human Electrical Energy Concealment System Invisibility Cloaking Scentblocking Outter Garment, Can't wait!!!!!

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
One thing I have learned is the older I get the less I know. I am not going to comment on something I have never used for myself but on the surface it does sound gimmicky. Heck, did you know the world was round??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think the biggest differences is where we live and how we hunt. Seems like the people on the East Coast and Midwest that sit in a tree or a ground blind or the biggest critics and do not believe in the benefits of Hecs. On the West Coast where the majority of our hunting is spot and stock hunting I guarantee you will see the advantage.
That is a good point.

·
Registered
51,143 Posts
it blocks your electrical energy so the animals can't tell you're there!!!!! why wouldn't you buy it? I'm personally waiting for the upgrade to it, its called the HECSICSBOG, Human Electrical Energy Concealment System Invisibility Cloaking Scentblocking Outter Garment, Can't wait!!!!!
Goes to show ya what I was alluding to about knowledge, it's not an "outer" garment.

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,208 Posts
Remember when people used to hunt in red flannel shirts, with a huge chew in their mouth and not worry about how much they stunk in the woods and still got kills? Yeah...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Deer can't smell you 20' in the air either.

Works but doesn't take long for the other senses to kick in.

Ok best benifit. Keeps the squirrels and birds quiet

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am wondering if the suit has a special pocket to hold my acorn kruncher. If it does, I'll take two.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts