Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer said the heli-m cam had an issue at shorter draw-lengths........he said that the shorter DL's don't have the proper let-off, and that it was dropping off to 70% and below at DL's as short as 27".

Anybody confirm this? I'm interested in trying one but want to put this issue to bed first.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this isn't a problem..........or nobody really knows?

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,926 Posts
Mine is 27" and its not a problem, holds the same as my Extreme.

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
I forgot to add this to my response-------find another dealer that knows what they are talking about.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't remember the draw length of the Heli-m we had at our shop (Mack's Prarie Wings) but the let off was Only about 50%. This is the only time I've seen a prOblem with the bow. The guys at Mack's are top notch and have been in the Mathew's top 100 sellers group many times, they know their stuff. They still couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I know the new helim draw and back wall are complely different then Mathews bows in the past. There isn't a lot of valley with this bow and for one like the solid back wall the helim has and I find that I can shoot this style better tan one with a big valley. I havent noticed any difference in the let off with the bows at the shop. Ive set up ones 27" to 30"...

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
I don't remember the draw length of the Heli-m we had at our shop (Mack's Prarie Wings) but the let off was Only about 50%. This is the only time I've seen a prOblem with the bow. The guys at Mack's are top notch and have been in the Mathew's top 100 sellers group many times, they know their stuff. They still couldn't figure it out.
WOW that one would have taken a ride back to Mathews to find out why if they couldn't figure it out-----that is serious.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dale- I believe the bow did get returned to Mathews. It got tinkered with for about 3 hours with no positive results. But as I said previously, it was probably just a defected bow. This is the only problem we've had from a Heli-m so far. Good day to you all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts