Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did see that one. I've been shooting a SABO sight for a while. I shoot way better than I ever did before, but I'm not sure I'd try helicopters. Did you see the one where the guy shoots a pig at 100 yds? I think it's the same guy in the chopper. Those guys are crazy.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Its the same guy....... I used to shoot a lot with him, he used to be a cool guy, I got him started shooting in tournaments but I stopped shooting and hanging out with him after he and I had more than a few disagreements

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That kid can shoot.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Holy crap. Seems like it would get expensive losing arrows. I'm surprised the wind doesn't have any effect on the arrow flight. Never been on a chopper but it seems like the blades would create a lot of downward wind force.

·
Sponge 4 bowhunting info
11,088 Posts
I dunno...stunts for spam hunting doesn't impress me and I certainly don't think it does us hunters alot of good to have guys rebel yelling and fist bumping as a wounded animal walks off with an arrow sticking out of it. I prefer the hunter that shows reverence for the animal but maybe that's just me. Videos like this damage the reputation of hunters IMO. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I dunno...stunts for spam hunting doesn't impress me and I certainly don't think it does us hunters alot of good to have guys rebel yelling and fist bumping as a wounded animal walks off with an arrow sticking out of it. I prefer the hunter that shows reverence for the animal but maybe that's just me. Videos like this damage the reputation of hunters IMO. I could be wrong.
This condemns hunters (in the eyes of the antis and non-hunters) no more than the "respectful" pictures/behavior that we have read a little bit about lately. Aside from that, they are shooting pigs. Here in Texas, as they are in some parts of Mexifornistan :wink: they are practically vermin. No sense in getting worked up over a dead rat, mouse, cockroach, or in this case pig.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I agree. Unfortunately hunters are all to often their own worst enemy.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I heard its about $1000 for an hour, or more.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That is crazy, he is a heck of a shot. I only wish he was getting more penetration, it didn't look like the arrows were going in very far..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I'm not sure about the ethics on pigs, but the shooting sure is impressive. Sounds like it's way out of my budget either way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are they impressive shots? Yea. Are they ethical shots? No way. Even after his so called head shot they come back around and the hog is seen kicking like it's still clinging to life and dying. Unless you are some kind of sick in the head, that is not entertainment and is no way how I want to be portrayed as a hunter. Just my .02

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thought i just read somewhere that "Hunting" from an aircraft was illegal in any of the U.S? Federally restricted?? Maybe i read it wrong but......?? Thats the poorest excuse for hunting i have ever seen. Oh wait no it isnt.... If you go on Utube, you can watch them incinerate them with machine guns!!!!!! Really?

·
Registered
663 Posts
From what i saw, it wasnt just AN arrow sticking out of it ....... it took three shots to disable it. Notice i said disable and not kill?!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts