Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm just getting into spot shooting.. I've had an 84 Golden Eagle that I've been shooting, with very little improvement. I shoot a 4-5" group at 20 yds.. TALK about frustrating!! 3 sessions ago I picked up my dad's '04 Martin Cougar Target and shot a knock off!! What a difference. I consistently group it in the 10 ring after only a few hours of shooting. This led me to want a new bow.

Here's where the opinion comes into play. I just purchased an '08 Hoyt UltraElite XT3500 off of ebay. It has a shibuya 365 CP (Carbon Extension) sight, and new Nealy's strings on it. I paid $525, and feel that I made pretty good deal. Anybody have some input on that??

All the reviews I've read of the bow rank it very accurate and forgiving.. I'm excited to receive it, and make sure it's in the condition the seller described.

Registered
You've come to the right place !

:mg: Always room for another Hoyt shooter !:wink:

Registered
:welcome: 2 ArcheryTalk

Registered
welcome to AT. The bow is yours now, as long as it is the right draw legnth, and not too heavy for you to shoot comfortably, it was a great deal. A bow is a tool designed to fling arrows, the bow will do just that. Your job is to become the best bow driver possible. This site has tons of great info to help you do just that. Always remember that YOU have to determine what works for YOU. There is no 1 way to shoot, or aim, or any other aspect of this sport...though there may be only one way that works for you. Good luck with the new shooting stick! Never stop learning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts