Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to create an account, and it was all, THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS ALREADY IN USE! So, I have no idea when I originally joined (I'm sure it probably says somewhere), but as far as I know, I've yet to post anything. So, HI! Umm, I'm bad at introductions. I always hated the beginning of the school year in grade school because they'd make everyone introduce themselves and say things about them. But this is the internet, so, whatever. My name is Carli. I'm 27 years old. I live in Denver, Colorado, by way of Knoxville, Tennessee (GO VOLS). I have only been shooting archery for about two years, but I dreamed about it long before that. I remember the original spark of interest coming from an old friend of mine. When I moved to Colorado Springs, I took my dog to a park near my house, and I just so happened to stumble upon a public archery range they had there. I saw some guys in there shooting recurves, and I decided to go in and talk to them, which is COMPLETELY unnatural for me to do, so I guess I must have been really curious. It was an older man and his two middle-aged sons. They were shooting beautiful vintage Fred Bear recurves. One of them had a compound. They asked me if I wanted to try shooting a few arrows, and I jumped at the opportunity. I was hooked right then and bought my first bow shortly after. (I tried to shoot the compound once, but either I am just really bad at it, or I didn't get it, because it didn't work)

After finally having my own bow, I was at that range A LOT. My bow is a simple Samick Polaris take-down bow at 62" long and 34# draw. My draw length is 26", so I guess that means I'm only pulling 30 on it. I've left it pretty much bare, except for adding a bow sling and a Hoyt hunter rest. I shoot instinctively, always. I didn't even realize it until several months into it, though.... at the time, I still didn't know much, if anything, about the different types of shooting, so I just went for it and became an instinctive shooter by chance. Somehow, instinctive has proven to work for me and I've gotten pretty good at it. I haven't really had much opportunity to test out my skills on different terrain besides the range or my backyard, though. I've been thinking about buying a sight, but ehhh. I just don't know if I want to. Money is a good reason to not get one, too.

This into is getting pretty lengthy, so I'll leave it at that. I did come here for a reason, after all. I've got questions about my other bow!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Woah, I had already made an avatar and a signature? And I didn't even know I had an account to begin with? Was I asleep when this happened? Weeeeird

·
Registered
36,982 Posts

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts