Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined AT few days ago and headed strait to the ADs. I havent had a chance to look around yet.
I am very new to the bow world. I have been hunting for many years but have wanted to try bow hunting since 2000. I never took the chance to see what was out there till Dec. last year. I was stuck in Denver for work when I walked into the Bass pro shop.
Me and a few of my work friends walked in and they headed strait to the bows. I had never been there before so I was in AWW of the whole store.
Two of the guys I work with are bow hunters and I was asking them a few questions. They helped out a lot but then a few days later. We got off early and it hit me. BOW FEVER!! I had to go look.
I shot 5 different bows. Without looking at the price I chose the cheapest one I had shot . It was the Bowtech Rock. It felt so good in my hand. I had never shot a bow in my life and my groups at 20 yards were less then 3 inches apart with no strays. ( cant say I havent had a day were i shot worse then that since But )
I was in Love. Not only with the bow but with the sport.
I got back to TX. and was shooting at our archery club range when my brother drove by and saw me. He stopped and I taught him the basics ( that is all I know ) Then let him shoot the Rock. Well now he is addicted to. I told him If I Found me a Admiral for a good price I would sell him my Rock cheap.
While looking around I Found a Bow I wanted.
I just bought me a Bowtech 101st Airborne off a great AT member. Thank you John!
Everyone here I have talked to is so great. I want to thank you all and just warn you in advance. I will need help and am not afraid to ask for it. I may take a few days to figure out where to look in the forums for what I need.
Now it is time to GO see if i can find a few Items to stick on my new bow that is on its way.
Thanks again to all.
BruceM:D:drool:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
:welcome: 2 ArcheryTalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts