Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Larry and I am new to this site. My daughter is looking to get into archery, so I am thinking about joining her.

I appreciate all of the posts on this site as I have been lurking for a bit.

My daughter is 7. She really got the bug during camp this year for shooting a bow. We will see what Santa has in store for her this winter. That being said does and of Santa's helpers have any recomendations for a good starter bow? I personlly have been eyeing the Martin Onza 3, so I was thinking getting her the Martin tiger bow, keep it same, same sort of. Any opions would be appreciated.

What time of year do new bows come out? I do not think I will be in the market untill next spring.

Mind you I am a clueless to all this. It has been years since I shot as a Kid. I know we have a good store in the next town over, and that will be my starting point when we are ready to jump in.

Will also be looking into joining a range if I end up getting a bow.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
:welcome: 2 ArcheryTalk

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. Got my daughter into hunting a few years ago, now I gotta sneak out of the house without her.

Tapping at work on my Droid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also from Taxachusetts...Comfort is everything while she's just starting out. I would encourage you to get into it as well, a very laid back activity that lends itself to teachable moments and quality time with your kids. My Dad got me started at about the same age and it's an activity we still share today. Best of luck - enjoy.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Welcome to Archery Talk. You might take a look at the PSE Chaos, Diamond Razor Edge, Mission Menace as some starter bows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts