Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to every one on this forum. Total newbee here. At the age of 61 I have decided to get into archery, a little late maybe but then there is always the masters games.

The story goes like this; At the age of 60 I suffered a brain aneurysm, (6 months ago), while Bass fishing in my canoe on a lake in the middle of no where, 50 klms from the closest town. Fortunately for me I had a couple of great friends that were also fishing and they had mobile phones and signal and called emergency services. The ambulance tracked one of the mobile phones by GPS and fortunately found us.

3 hospitals and 2 ambulances later I was in surgery having the burst artery in my brain repaired. 4 weeks of touch and go in intensive care and I was on the mend, another 2 weeks in high dependency and I was up and mobile and definitely wanting to get back home. Resultant permanent damage was that I had some loss of memory that would continue, stuff like going to the grocery store and not remembering why I had gone there or walking into a room to get something and cant remember what it was......but then I did that before the accident......

So I am in need of some exercise and something to get me out and about. Always been interested in Archery but never had the time to pursue it on a serious level. Now I have nothing but time. I have joined a local club and I am in search of my first bow for Target and 3D. Any help or information you guys and gals can impart would be most gratefully received. Feel free to say Hi or have a chat if you see me online.

Regards
Mike

·
Registered
598 Posts
Welcome to AT from Texas...
You will love archery as a good mental and physical exercise....I am there in years as well
and still love to shoot. Just find a nice draw weight and you enjoy it alot.

PSE Surge 70# SW

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey there Ezcalibre welcome aboard and I am from W.A. myself.
My best ''older archer friend'' did not take it up till his 60's
I too had some brain surgery and wondered if I would ever shoot straight again, thankfully I was fine and been shooting ever since-----cheers flytru---

1 - 7 of 7 Posts