Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys. Trying to get back into bow hunting since 2010. Man do I fee overwhelmed with all the bow options, hopefully I can find one that fits just right. Any recommendations please send them my way!

·
Banned
9,309 Posts
Welcome to Archerytalk

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
welcome to AT

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m actually in Aberdeen. Moved here about a year ago from New Mexico so I’m glad to be back in the woods
You're not far at all. You have a good bow shop just south of you called Godwin's Archery if you haven't found it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're not far at all. You have a good bow shop just south of you called Godwin's Archery if you haven't found it yet.
I stopped by the other day. Those guys are were extremely helpful and patient. Glad it’s right down the street. You do any hunting on Bragg or Mckall?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I stopped by the other day. Those guys are were extremely helpful and patient. Glad it’s right down the street. You do any hunting on Bragg or Mckall?
Not too much at Mckall but a lot on Bragg. I have access to private land but still hunt Bragg a lot. There are some big deer on Bragg if you put in the effort and know where to look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not too much at Mckall but a lot on Bragg. I have access to private land but still hunt Bragg a lot. There are some big deer on Bragg if you put in the effort and know where to look.
Yeah I’ve heard there’s some nice ones it can just be a pain in the ass with all the red tape (from what I read online). How do you manage with training popping up everywhere. Just flex as necessary or do you try to avoid the areas that get the most use

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah I’ve heard there’s some nice ones it can just be a pain in the ass with all the red tape (from what I read online). How do you manage with training popping up everywhere. Just flex as necessary or do you try to avoid the areas that get the most use
Well training only effects rifle hunts. You can archery hunt all units even while active training. Ill hunt rifle when able to but hunt with a bow when a unit is closed to rifle if I'm chasing a target buck.

The red tape is honestly not too bad. The rules are fair and the land is plentiful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts