Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i'm patrick ,I live in Crestview Fl. love to hunt deer and hogs.
i use a PSE Nova, shot my first deer with a bow 2 years ago from 40 yards.
LOVE ALABAMA football, fishing in the gulf ,and prowling the large land reservation of Eglin AFB from OCT. to MAR.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
:welcome: to AT and have Fun!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome Pat, I just moved to Mississippi from my hometown of Chipley, FL. Its a little East of Crestview.:wink:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome

Hey, buddy.
I hunt Eglin myself, though I live near Jacksonville. My inlaws live in Pace and we visit there during hunting season. I have hunted Eglin for two years and have passed on two bucks because I couldnt tell if they had brow tines to make them six points. I just got Lasik and wont let it happen again. I will be over no later than Thanksgiving. Maybe we could link up. Send me a pm and let me know what you think. Take care and happy hunting.
Sam

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank's for the welcome y'all :thumbs_up

ty mikel i think i will

i've heard of it lung, it's north of PC right?

sure thing bowhunter, what unit do you hunt? i hunt 7 and 9 myself (3-pt minimum on one side)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome Pat!
We had a couple of guys come down and hunt last rifle season from Crestview. Do you know a Howie that has an aluminum welding shop?
BigD

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Unit 7?

I think it is unit 7 that I hunted last year. It is one of the rifle sections, but I have hunted with my bow in that section as well as with my .270. I will have to pull out my map to verify the unit number. I usually start hunting there around thanksgiving time when we go over to visit the in laws. I have seen a lot of deer there as well as coyotes. Nice place to hunt.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yep, North of PC. I've been all over Eglin myself. Hard not to since it covers most of NW FL!

panhandlepat said:
thank's for the welcome y'all :thumbs_up

ty mikel i think i will

i've heard of it lung, it's north of PC right?

sure thing bowhunter, what unit do you hunt? i hunt 7 and 9 myself (3-pt minimum on one side)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ty for the warm welcome guys

nope, bigd i don't :)

prolly is bow, this year ALL of Eglin's firearms areas can use centerfire rifles and handguns now :grin:

cooool faast, got a little bit bigger deer over there huh? 165# here is a HEAVYWEIGHT

yes sir lung it's 500,000 acres :eek:

·
Banned
8,395 Posts
welcome to AT. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
:welcome: to archery talk great site to be on have fun

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*** stumbles back in the door*** HEY i forgot about this place!
Haven't been able to hunt in the last 9 years for various reasons but i just got the old PSE restrung and have bought my licenses for the year and I'm ready to go!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts