Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is a lot of fun. I killed my first deer with a bow in 1985. Love it. I lived in Benton, PA once. Welcome from S E AL.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome

New guy here from NE PA , Just got into Archery Hunting this year... I wish I did it a long time ago!!
Welcome to AT. Where abouts in NE PA are you from? That's where I grew up. Unfortunately, I haven't been back to hunt for about 8 years or so. I miss it up there this time of year. I definitely miss the short drives to and from the hunting areas. It's a 1.5 hour drive each way here!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome. I graduated from High School in Paoli Pa. My cousin just sent me a Christmas card with a newspaper clipping from her area, Pocono. It was about a guy that killed a 607# Black Bear up there. Most around here are only 200#-300#.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
:welcome: 2 ArcheryTalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy that took the biggest Bear in PA this year was arrested for baiting it in ! A game commision officer spotted a pickup that was filled with pastries and donuts, Took the plate # from it then called all of the check stations telling them to watch for it, sure enough he showed up with a Bear and then was promptly arrested..

·
Registered
60 Posts
The guy that took the biggest Bear in PA this year was arrested for baiting it in ! A game commision officer spotted a pickup that was filled with pastries and donuts, Took the plate # from it then called all of the check stations telling them to watch for it, sure enough he showed up with a Bear and then was promptly arrested..
There seems to be a lot of that kind of thing going on. I was just reading about the guy in Minn. that killed huge 8 pointer, a new world record, but got busted because he had killed two other deer and didn't check them.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I live in Gouldsboro, a few minutes from the Tobyhanna Army Depot.
I lived in Pocono Farms when I was in Junior High up there in Tobyhanna. Then we moved to Stroudsburg and that's where I lived until after High School.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts