1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Keep Calm Have A Dram
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies!

I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Sarah im from Linwood, Renfrewshire, Scotland

I am an avid hunter and have a keen interest in bowhunting.

I am looking for a good bow package I have around $550 to spend. I like the look of reflex bows but not sure what weight I could pull. Is 40 50Ibs heavy? What is the equiv weight of it?

I hope to share some good photo's soon.

Take it easy.

Sarah.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Hello and welcome Sarah. I'm not in the habit of cruising the ladies forum, but see you're from Scotland and I had to check you out. good luck with getting the bow you seek. You'll love it here. Lots of friendly people and knowledgeable as well. Take care...

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
:welcomesign: We glad you are joining us here on Archery Talk and in the women's forum:cheer2:.

I love to hunt:wink: Bunny hunting is my absolute favorite . .. pry because that is all I have gotton to do(successfully):chortle:

Good luck finding a bow there are some great ones out there. I would say try out as many as you can to get a good feel for them, sometimes it is hard to find lots of options to try though:(

I don't know about the reflex bows but hopefully someone will come through soon and help ya out, if not you can always post over in the bowhunting forum or the general archery discussion where more people will see your question . . .and alot of the guys come over here to browse:lol: and sometimes they can't help themselves and they post and alot of times the post comes with a disclaimer "I am usually not over here . . ":wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
...hello and welcome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to AT :welcome:
Nice to have you join us.
You will find a lot of knowledge on these pages and lots of people willing to help.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Had ta post here
My ancestery has been traced by the registry to1210 Edenburg
We came here in 1699.
Love my Scottish roots
Is Edinburg in tha Highlands
For i am big boned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Interested in Bow Hunting

Well Welcome to Archery Talk!!
It is always good to hear from different people!
40 to 50 pounds isn't alot of weight!
If you have shot a bow before I think that most ladies would be able to pull 40pounds!! If you haven't....it is for sure a different set of muscles that I don't think you use any other time then when you shoot a bow!!
If I were you and just starting out, I would try and find a bow with 40 to 50 pound limbs, and just make sure the limbs are all the way out at the lightest poundage. Then just work into the heavier weight if that is something that you would like to do!
I have two bows, my target bow is about 46 pounds and then my 3-D/Hunting bow is set at 55 pounds (about) so it is a good weight to be at!!
I hope it helps!! Good luck with finding a bow and I would say, to see if you can go to an Archery Shop and try out as many as you can--they all feel different in your hand and they all shoot different!
Good Luck!!
Alpinebowoman :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
we have 4 bows we have a Merlin and a PSE Mojo for target and then we have a Bear and a PSE hunter for our hunting bows...

o and sense everyone is going through their roots lol my dad came from scottland born and breed LOL welcome to the forum and i hope you find a bow that you like and fits ...

·
Keep Calm Have A Dram
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had ta post here
My ancestery has been traced by the registry to1210 Edenburg
We came here in 1699.
Love my Scottish roots
Is Edinburg in tha Highlands
For i am big boned.

Hi Edinburgh is no way in the Highlands. Check out google map.

I am near Glasgow, one of the biggest cities in Scotland. :wink:

I've been to the US many times, i love it there. My boyfriend is American and lives here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts