Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me with a lil info. I have a Darton viper , not sure of the year but I bought it new and I believe it was the first year of production. It's a B base with a 29.5 " draw. My question is can anyone tell me what the string length is . I need to order a new one and cant find this info anywhere. I know I could just take the old one off and measure but I dont have a press at the moment. Thanks for you time .
Matt

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Go to their website and they have previous years bow specs. I printed some off of there and in 2003 it lists the Viper with B base as having a 63 3/4" string (also says it is steel cables). 1998 also shows a Viper XT and the HEW B wheel uses 58 1/4" string and 39 1/8" synthetic cables. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Darton info

Hello everyone, This is my first post on AT. Although im not new to this sight or archery. I've been reading posts for a couple of years and finally dicided to register. The darton Viper has been around since 1991. Its important you choose the correct year for string replacement. 1991 B base is 61.5",92, 93 & 94 has 62", 95 & 96 is 63-11/16" 97 & 98 62" 99~2004 63-3/4". they also produced a viper xt in 98 with a 58-1/4" string. Hope this helps.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
instead of using a press you can just take a piece of thread and put a loop on one end and attach it to one of the cam pegs and then follow the string to the other end and then mark it and then measure it, now assuming its streched I would order one 1/4in shorter and you should be in the ball park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts