Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I shot 4 deer with em last year. All pass throughs, they fly consistently, and can be resharpened easily and as sharp as you want to get them. I can't find a reason to use anything else!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm trying them for the first time this year after using another head for the past 21 years. Hopefully i'll have a report for you soon after Oct. 1 !!
I've been very pleased with how they fly in practice anyway and they do resharpen easy.
Hopefully you'll get a few more replies today.I'd like to hear about them myself.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Shot 6 whitetails last season with them and they performed great. Longest track was maybe 70 yds and they fly great. Easy to sharpen etc.

Mike

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you guys resharpening them? Do you need a diamond flat stone? I have a flat stone, but its not diamond. I also have a Klawhorn sharpener.

How are the blood trails?

·
Registered
967 Posts
How are you guys resharpening them? Do you need a diamond flat stone? I have a flat stone, but its not diamond. I also have a Klawhorn sharpener.

Flat stone is fine. finish on a very fine stone.

Blood trails are good. I only had to follow two, the other 4 dropped in sight.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After work I stopped at the pro shop and picked up a package of Hellrazors. I'm impressed so far. They are extremely sharp! They are probably the sharpest broadhead I've handled out of the package. Saturday is our opener - we'll see what happens:)

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts

I use a flat mill file first and then transition to my diamond stone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm trying the Hellrazor broadheads this season as well. So far I'm impressed with how true they fly and how easy they are too sharpen. More to follow once I take a deer this season.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
4 more days and my Hellrazors are going to the woods with me to raise some ! LOL

·
Registered
774 Posts
i was debating between buying these heads and the bloodrunners, after reading this thread, and reading quite a bit of bad about the bloodrunners breaking, i have made up my mind, ill (hopefully :nixon:) be raising some hell with my mathews!, does anybody know how these hold up with a shot on the shoulder blade?

·
Registered
967 Posts
This is 7 for 7 with Hellrazors. I shot this guy on 10-6-09 at 9 yds. I watched him pile up in under 50 yds. There was a steady blood trail right up to him.
So far all 7 have died in under 60 yds. With an average of approx. 45 yds.

·
Registered
445 Posts
hell razor

I bought two packs when they came out, they flew good but they were louder than most broadheads. So loud I did not buy anymore and only used them a few times.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is 7 for 7 with Hellrazors. I shot this guy on 10-6-09 at 9 yds. I watched him pile up in under 50 yds. There was a steady blood trail right up to him.
So far all 7 have died in under 60 yds. With an average of approx. 45 yds.

Thanks for sharing! How was the blood trail?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought two packs when they came out, they flew good but they were louder than most broadheads. So loud I did not buy anymore and only used them a few times.
I talked to NAP about the hissing issue and this was their response:

"Anyway, I noticed that your using 4” helically fletched vanes; that’s the problem right there. You’re spinning the broadhead too fast and creating the noise in the process. The HellRazor has a lot of blade area which makes for great penetration and is very quiet if you spin it at a reasonable RPM. Once you got enough rotation to properly stabilize an arrow, any additional RPM just creates noise and drag. A lot of people think more is always better; trust me, it isn’t! I know this because I spent six years developing the Quik-Spin vanes and tested it with all offsets and helical configurations is sizes from 1.5” to 4”."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts