Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a young friend of mine that wants me to help him get started into archery. I've given away all my old compounds to other friends so I don't have much to teach him with...was wondering if any of you had any old bows laying around collecting dust that you would like to get rid of. He said he is willing to pay a little bit but I don't think much over 50 to 75 dollars. I think anything will work like the old BEAR whitetail or something along those lines. Thanks for any help or replies. Oh yeah, I think he is around 27 - 28 inch draw length (BIG Kid). Well thanks again, Chad.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I have a couple old Hoyts that might work that are collecting dust...

-one is a Hoyt Spectra series "fast flight". 55-70#, 29" draw, wheels, gray factory camo. This was my 3D bow back around 1992 or so. $50 plus cost of shipping. Also have a pin sight and overdraw (no rest) that I'd throw in with it.

-the other is a Hoyt Spectra series "carbon plus". 45-60#, 29" draw, wheels, gloss black with silver laminated limbs and silver wheels and hardware. This was my target rig in the early to mid 90's, and is in perfect condition. $100 plus cost of shipping. It was top of the line back then....probably $800+ new.

These are older bows so new strings and cables would probably be in order, although neither's are worn it would probably be a good idea since they are older. They're not going to shoot 250 fps and don't have 75% letoff, but would be good for getting a bigger kid started without dumping too much $$$ right off. I can email pics if he's interested...send me an email address if you want pics.

Aaron

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to all of you that have replied. By the way, about how much does it cost to ship a bow? I know some you other guys got some old ones you wouldn't mind getting rid of. I'm kinda getting excited about teaching this boy how to shoot seeing how I have no kids. I'm no expert by any means but I think I can get him started in our sport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts