Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have read a little battle I got into with another AT user in the Tunning section. He called the Arizona EZ a "piece of crap". I posted my opinion noting that I like the EZ and have had good results. I also noted that while trying his favorite jig (Bitz) I have had problems getting good results on seperate trials over a couple years. I know they are good jigs as all the shops us them.
I bought and sold the first jig after having problems getting it to keep pressure on the shaft. I sold it and picked up the EZ. Have really liked it's ease and quality of job it does for a do-it-yourselfer. Thinking I was missing something I traded a sight for another Bitz a couple weeks ago. Tried it and still having the same problem. I can get the back of the vane to stick but the front lifts up as I can't push it down far enough before the front of the clamp bottoms out on the top of the shaft????

Any tips/tricks to try before I sell this one as well?? Any good sites or posts that can give me some more help getting this too work??

FYI- I am using carbon arrows and Blazer 2" vanes.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would agree that it can sometimes be tricking to get the vane to properly seat over its full length. For that reason, I simply apply preasure to the clamp to make sure I'm getting proper contact. Since it only takes a few seconds for the glue to grab and I'm only doing one vane at a time, I don't consider it an inconvenience. Others might.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have tried leaving a little extra of my vane or feather exposed and not pushed down tight on the clamp.

This allows me to make adjustments if needed to get equal pressure across the base of the vane or feather.

I hane also noticed that if I get just a little build up of glue it will not work quite right, I just scrape the edge , and then I am ok.

Good luck

·
Registered
365 Posts
call the manufacturer. i just spoke to bernie about a minor problem i was having with my Bitz and he squared me away no problem.

do a google search on bitzenburger fletching jig and you'll find them.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Sounds like this is a common issue. I thought it was just me. With everyone raving about this jig why are there not many posts on how to correct this issue? What do all the pro shops do to get theirs looking so good?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.