Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the 2010 PSE Nova which is now the NI single cam system like the Stinger NI - I got the manual with it and the manual is worthless because it dosn't actually tell you how to: a) change the draw length; b) adjust the let-off; c) how many turns of the limb bolts increase/decrease the draw weight; or d) is there any relationship between draw length setting, let off setting, and draw weight (do they affect each other).

The PSE Nova is advertised as the most adjustable bow in the world without a bow press. But, without instructions that all doesn't matter much.

Does anyone have any good instructions on how to adjust this bow? I have been all over the internet trying to find good instructions but all I find is advertisements. I'm already starting to sour a little on PSE.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Paradox 25

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It is really simple....on the cam you will find a module with two hex bolts attaching it to the cam itself... there are a number of holes marked A to D sellect your correct draw length by undoing these bolts and using the appropriate holes to achieve your correct Draw length. You will also have to move the draw stop to the correlating holes which will also be marked A to D. Now to change the letoff(65 or 80%) you will need to invert this stopper to your desired letoff it will also be marked.

hope this helps,

Spatan:cocktail:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see the two hex bolts - so do I just undo those and re-screw them in to shorten the draw? Do I have to worry about it going "ka-sprang!" and throwing parts all over?

Does the cam have to be in any particular postion to safely undo and reposition those two hex bolts to change the draw length?

Once I reposition the hex bolts will the let-off begin proportionaly shorter as I shorten the draw lenght? (i.e. if the let-off starts at 28 inches for a 30 inch draw will it automatically start letting off at 26 inches once I set the draw for 28 inches?)

The inverting the stopper deal I don't understand (sorry, I'm not mechanically inclined). Any step by step pictures of this anywhere?

Thanks so much for your advice!

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Ni cams

No, the bow will not go "Kabam". Go to the PSE web site the have a tab for all the settings for the cams A-D draw length settings. If you cannot find the info for the 2010 bow just select a Brute NI the cam settings are the same.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O.k., what now?

O.k. -- I undid the two hex-bolts holding a little kidney shaped do-hickey in place - I was going to move them to the "C" position - but I had to pull the bow slightly to get to the hex-bolts which were blocked by the bow-limb and the little beggar popped off and fell in my lap once the second hex-bolt came out.

Now, I'm examining this little part that fell of of the single cam once I undid the hex-bolts and it looks the same on both sides - both sides have letters A, B, C, etc. but there is no indication which side is supposed to go down, or what happens when you put one side down or the other. It is not symmetrical so the curve is a little different if you put one side down vs. flipping it over. What should I do?

The manual says that the draw stop has to be in the same letter hole as the draw length but the holes around the draw-stop only have "A" and "B" and each letter points to two holes - ???

Basically I'm trying to set it for a 28" draw with a 65% let-off.

Come on! It's Christmas! Will someone give me a hand?

Paradox 25

·
Registered
55 Posts
The holes will only line up one way, as for the draw stop A and B are on one side, C-d-e-f are on the other. The drawstop goes in from the oposite sides but sits in the same general area as if it was in the a or b spot....hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
cam

when you put the mod on that has the letters on it. the ''a'' should be closest to the cable. or in other words it should read ''abcd'' from the inside of the bow out to the string. the stop should be in the position that coinsides with were you put the mod. if you need help pm me and i can try and help further

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help.

Most grateful for your advice guys! I'll take all ten of my thumbs and try to apply this.

Stay posted for more entertaining developments I'm sure. At the rate I'm going I'll have the whole thing taken apart by next week.

Paradox 25

1 - 9 of 9 Posts