Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's time once again to give another speech in my college communications class and I would like to do it on bowhunting/archery. This speech has to be 5 minutes and must be persuasive. The professor said that the speech has to be a question of policy where I actually have to make my audience go out and do something. Any of you have any ideas for me on how I can do a speech on bowhunting and also meet these criteria?

·
Banned
73 Posts
I think you might have to go outside your bowhunting box......

persuasion to SUPPORT hunting is one thing, persuading folsk to become "triggermen" is another--either work on the "support" andlge or find something else to persuade them to do is my suggestion.

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
I have suggested this topic before...not sure whether or not it was to you on a previous paper. There is a growing problem of controlling deer populations in urban environments. And there are basically only four choices for cities to use: Contraception, Hiring Snipers, Trapping, and Allowing Bowhunting. The Bowhunting option has proven to be the least costly and the most effective at controlling populations--though it is a pretty hot topic in many circles. There was an article about it in my latest issue of Peterson's Bowhunting Magazine, by Bob Humphrey. You could ask people to go watch the deer in densely populated areas, or go door to door and ask if neighbors would be in favor of it....just some quick thoughts. Good luck.

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
I had to give some speeches in my communitcaiton class as well. I took in my recurve as well as my compound and explained the differences. I don't know if it was my persuasive speech or not. But anyways It might be a good start. I just talked about the arrows and arrow rests. I talked about broadheads and the let off of the compunds. And for the hands on part maybe you can get a youth bow from a local shop or something and let them shoot it at like 5 yards and let them comapre it to the recurve. Anyway just my thoughts. But I know where you are coming from I have been there and done that. I feel for ya.

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
Great topic would be Non-Resident Vs Resident license costs.

You could address that some hunts happen on federal land, but, the wildlife is owned by the state.

Etc. Etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts