Archery Talk Forum banner

Help- Better hunting release?

612 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Jwillman6
I need a new release and I've got it narrowed down to 2 releases.
Truball Short n Sweet & Scott Lil' Goose.
Both have the nylon connector strap & I would want both with the buckle.

Anyone who has shot both, if you could give me positives & negatives of each that would be great. Even if you've just shot one of em... why do you like it?

Thanks in advance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
I think the Lil Goose is the best hunting release out there. I switched from a tru ball to a scott and will never look back. The trigger is unreal on the scott.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
I need a new release and I've got it narrowed down to 2 releases.
Truball Short n Sweet & Scott Lil' Goose.
Both have the nylon connector strap & I would want both with the buckle.

Anyone who has shot both, if you could give me positives & negatives of each that would be great. Even if you've just shot one of em... why do you like it?

Thanks in advance.
I just bought my wife a new Parker Sidekick bow. She liked the look of the Truball short n sweet so I got it for her. I shoot the new version lil bitty goose with the buckle. She likes it (the truball) ok but she got ahold of my old backup Lil Bitty Goose and wants to trade me. I let her use it but when I go hunting it comes with me. I use the new version Lil bitty goose with the buckle and the nylon strap but I liked the older version with the velcro too. I think you'll like the trigger on the lil goose much better than the truball. I've had lots of hunting success with the lil bitty goose. I tried several but IMHO the gooses get the gander :wink:

· Registered
245 Posts
Before you buy one try the Scott Wildcat, Silverhorn, or the Sabertooth with the NCS and Buckle strap. They have the forward trigger and they are all nice. I went with the Wildcat....

· Registered
342 Posts
Shot the Little Goose and moved to the Sabertooth. Scott releases are top of the line, IMO.

· Registered
6,936 Posts
I have tried out both of the 2 that you mentioned -the Scott lil' Goose was very nice but I did not like the S & S at all!If it were me I would broaden my choices a bit and look at others as well,just to compare

I can tell you too that the new Truball Sniper is a VERY nice choice ! I just bought one and this is the best standard release that I have owned to date! Very comfortable and the spring trigger that comes with it is AWESOME=such a smooth release! I decided to buy this new Truball Sniper mainly cause I realized just how important it is to have a backup release! I now see that it's almost as important as having a backup bow! I was out practicing last week with my new Pearson TX4 and without any prior sign of fatique or problems,the trigger on my Copperhead went south-the spring broke! But I gotta tell you that Truball has AMAZING customer service,I called them up right then & there and explained what happened. And bam ,2 new triggers were at our doorstep the next day from UPS!! Free of charge-how is that for customer service??:wink:

I would definately have to say overall that my Truball Copperhead glove release is still my favorite release that I have ever owned to date! It has made my accuracy and groups MUCH better due to a forced perfect anchor point that this release naturally induces each & every shot! And the other thing that is awesome is that it makes your bow feel a good 5-10 lbs lighter in draw weight! I love it! But again the Sniper is definately a runner up as my 2nd prefered release! Just my .02 cents on the subject of releases!:darkbeer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.