Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been shooting a PSE nova for a couple of years now. She shoots good and I was wanting to get her somthing nicer with more speed. She needs somthing with a 26" draw and 40-50 lbs. I noticed hoyt has the selena bow for women that is 31" and 7" brace height. Seems to me that a bow that short with no more brace height would be pretty unforgiving. Would you go with somthing like that or somthing longer with more brace height??? I just want to get a nice bow that will be really forgiving and fun to shoot. I've been through the short bows with little brace heights and they are a head ache to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
bow

hardtime, the selena is a fine bow for your wife and a good choice, another option is browning in the midas or adrenaline a little more forgiving on the draw . The selena is a little quicker in my opinion , good luck!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If target:

I am one that does not buy the short bows for women.. I checked with Hoyt, Bowtech, etc., and when asked directly the tech people told me that a long ata and high BH is as good for a gal as a guy..

My daugther has just got a Bowtech Old Glory set up, and will be trying it out. If target only there are many examples.

Hoyt protec as an example

Bowtech Cons.

Several Martins.

I am sure something like an Apex, etc. would also work.

My opinion, but I think if you look at the serious women archers... you will see pretty big ATA and BH bows. If someone has better info.. please let me know.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You might wanna look at the Elite Archery Ice model.

It will do the weight you want and length.
It has a ATA of 32 5/8" with a brace height of 7 3/16.

I have shot both the E-Force and the Energy bows from EA and they just don't get any better.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You may want to look into the mustang, switchback xt, or the prestige. Any one of these would be a good bow for a short draw archer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine is shooting a Fred Bear odessy, shoots really hard and fast, and is not a break the bank to own it kind of bow.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I dont believe you can get them in the new Bowtech lineup, but my wife shoots a Bowtech Miranda and everyone always want to shoot it when we shoot indoors. Its about 47 lbs at 27 1/2 in draw and shoots awsome. I think 05 was the last year they made this bow and is impressive.

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,225 Posts
meanv2 said:
Bowtech Equalizer!! Best short draw bow on the market!!:)
Another vote for the Bowtech Equalizer. My wife has been shooting one since April and it has been absolutely phenominal. Here's a few pics

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I also started out with a Nova :) I tend to like a bow with a little more overall weight and one that has some speed. Brace height is not so much an issue with short-draw archers as it is with longer draw lengths, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. There are plenty of Martins that would fit the bill......they make a great bow and they are an awesome company :thumbs_up Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My daughter just got a Martin Bengal! 35-50#. She likes it!

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
people with short draws can shoot braceheights down to 6 inches very accurately. the selina at 26 inch draw and 7 inches of braceheight would be very forgiving. A lot of the grils around here went with the rinetec. short draw bow.

·
Registered
710 Posts
My wife is shooting a Hoyt Rintec XL
34" ATA
7.25" Brace

·
Registered
177 Posts
Reflex Excursion

My wife wanted a bow and I bought her a 40-50 lbs reflex excursion she is very happy with the bow ,she was usinga pse spyder before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts