Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shoting a pro diamond extrem and just can't keep a constant ancor point. My groups move all over the target and I know it is an ancor problem. I will take any tips ancor point refferences you got, I'll try any thing.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thumb down then? You might experiment with just touching the back of your ear with the backs of your middle and ring fingers, then anchoring against your head with the knuckles. I use a wrist strap w/ trigger, so I like to anchor my index knuckle under the earlobe.

The ear, the jaw, the nose, find something that doesn't move much and anchor to it I was told. Or you could have one of those body piercings done, get a stud installed and always anchor to that. ;)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
use a kisser button untill you get the mussle memory then take it off and see how you group

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It may be your anchor point but it is more likely that you are applying torque to the bow handle. You can't wiggle your little finger on the bow handle without causing torque and if you are looking through a peep sight, you may not be at a comfortable, relaxed anchor placement, which can cause tension and problems with consistency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts