Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm ordering my first set of arrows and I decided on the Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streaks. I go to order them from the local shop where my bow is on order and the want 225 for a dozen... that's like 70 bucks more than hunters friend. So I decided to order them but what length do I go with? I'm shooting a Heli-m in a 30inch draw length with a QAD HDX... I was thinking 28.5 inches...HELP I DONT WANT TO SHOOT AN ARROW THREW MY HAND...LOL

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,661 Posts
Wait till the bow comes in and have them measured that way.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ok so I'm ordering my first set of arrows and I decided on the Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streaks. I go to order them from the local shop where my bow is on order and the want 225 for a dozen... that's like 70 bucks more than hunters friend. So I decided to order them but what length do I go with? I'm shooting a Heli-m in a 30inch draw length with a QAD HDX... I was thinking 28.5 inches...HELP I DONT WANT TO SHOOT AN ARROW THREW MY HAND...LOL
Why not wait for your bow to come in and then have them cut to the proper length?? $70 more, lol they saw you coming did'nt they? Sorry but i had to laugh when I saw your sig, you have a CE RKT and you are getting a Heli-m? Thats like parking your Ferrari so you can drive a Pinto.....:smile:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew everyone was going to say that... I want the arrows when the bow comes so I can shoot them all together for the first time... I know...its juvenile but I can be that way sometimes...

Why not wait for your bow to come in and then have them cut to the proper length?? $70 more, lol they saw you coming did'nt they? Sorry but i had to laugh when I saw your sig, you have a CE RKT and you are getting a Heli-m? Thats like parking your Ferrari so you can drive a Pinto.....:smile:
No my friend its like parking your Ferrari so you can drive your Lamborghini

·
Mutant of the Year 2015
7,410 Posts
I got my last dozen from huntersfriend....takes about a week to 10 days tho....

haha...I had to laugh a bit too...thats like taking out the bottle of Old Crow when you have a bottle of Knob Creek on the shelf...
Just kidding...

·
Registered
272 Posts
are they the blue streaks or blue streak selects? the CE blue streaks should be about $15 per shaft fletched, cut and inserts put in
that is what I have been paying

·
Registered
792 Posts
Have you guys even shot the Heli M? I own a CE, the Heli M shoots every bit as good w/ a better valley. If you've not shot the bow, your comments are worthless.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are they the blue streaks or blue streak selects? the CE blue streaks should be about $15 per shaft fletched, cut and inserts put in
that is what I have been paying
They're the standard blue streaks not the selects... dude it was a total rip off...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you guys even shot the Heli M? I own a CE, the Heli M shoots every bit as good w/ a better valley. If you've not shot the bow, your comments are worthless.
The only thing my matrix has on the Heli-m is that it does have less hand shock, but a good stab and that's problem solved... the draw cycle on both is very very good...I do think the Heli-m edges the RKT in that category...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Maybe they added the cost of cutting them and installing inserts to the total price. There is labor involved ya know. And if you order them from the other place, what if they are wrong?? Then you are still out in the cold to able to shoot your bow.

Most of the time convince comes at a cost, and the small guy gets screwed because people forget that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have a CM+ and have shot the heli-m, the draw cycle and back wall was very nice, as it was said ealier it did have some shock, but with a stab it easlly fixed it. We just got one on order for the shop in left hand, using a chrono i was not impressed @ 28" 60lbs and a 300 grain arrow it shot 294fps.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I cant believe what some pay for arrows. I pay $100 for new maxima hunters and $125 for blue streaks per dozen. EBAY ,Sometimes less.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe they added the cost of cutting them and installing inserts to the total price. There is labor involved ya know. And if you order them from the other place, what if they are wrong?? Then you are still out in the cold to able to shoot your bow.

Most of the time convince comes at a cost, and the small guy gets screwed because people forget that.
That was Fletcher and tipped but so is the 144 at hunters friend. I buy local 99% of the time but 75 dollar mark up is asinine...

·
Socket Man
23,859 Posts
You are setting yourself up to fail in more than one way on your bow deal, if you aren't happy with the price then don't do it. If you aren't sure about the arrows then don't order them because they won't fit or be the right spine or something and you will be stuck with expensive stuff you can't use. If your shop you did business couldn't lead you in the right direction for arrow spine and length then they suck or you weren't listening to the good advice they were giving so they said screw you and just ordered what you wanted even though they knew you were buying the wrong arrows.

I get all of my archery stuff at cost so I don't buy from them but I shoot 3-d shoots an lebanon missouri at a shop and they sell arrows over the internet, just type customarrows.com and you will find them.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are setting yourself up to fail in more than one way on your bow deal, if you aren't happy with the price then don't do it. If you aren't sure about the arrows then don't order them because they won't fit or be the right spine or something and you will be stuck with expensive stuff you can't use. If your shop you did business couldn't lead you in the right direction for arrow spine and length then they suck or you weren't listening to the good advice they were giving so they said screw you and just ordered what you wanted even though they knew you were buying the wrong arrows.

I get all of my archery stuff at cost so I don't buy from them but I shoot 3-d shoots an lebanon missouri at a shop and they sell arrows over the internet, just type customarrows.com and you will find them.
Your making alot of assumptions... first of all I have absolutely 0 questions about what arrow I want, second that I have not looked into arrow spine, I have the arrows I have selected are well within the spine recommendations for my bow, cut anywhere from 30 to 27.5 inches. Yes my shop does suck but I live in a small town with one shop thus my desire to shop online for these arrows.

For the spine I want I would cut my arrows to 28.5 inched I was simply asking if this was long enough...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Like was said above, watch Ebay. That is where I get mine. The shop I buy from doesn't charge any extra to cut and install inserts and you can get them bare shaft and fletch yourself. He does a great job too. His username is like lfg2ydn or something. Check it out.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
What shop? What town?

·
Registered
613 Posts
should of gave you a discount for buying a 1000 dollar bow or atleast cut and glue your inserts for free any arrows over 200$ would be asinine unless u shoot for mathews need best arrow possible try eagle archery.com best prices around

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I knew everyone was going to say that... I want the arrows when the bow comes so I can shoot them all together for the first time... I know...its juvenile but I can be that way sometimes...

No my friend its like parking your Ferrari so you can drive your Lamborghini
I was in the shop a few days ago and shot the Heli-m. Nothing special, just an anorexic Z7. Honestly I have no use for a 30" ATA bow, but thats your choice. Shop says they are not selling many of them other than to the Fanboys. That bow is no Lamborghini........

·
Vendor
6,899 Posts
My thought is that 28.5 is too short. I have a 29.5/30" draw and get 29.5" arrows and they aren't too long....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts