Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I may have changed too much, but I need some advice:

Changed from 27" Maxima 350 arrows to 27.5" CX Terminator Hunter Select Lights 4560's. I am still using Blazers but added a helicle (I think 4 deg).

Changed from Whisker Biscquit QS Deluxe to a QAD Ultra Rest LD drop away.

I measured the exact position of the arrow with the WB, then duplicated the position of the arrow for the Ultra Rest. When I started shooting it was clear I was knock high, and the rest was too far left. I did walk back tuning, and am now getting good results to 45 yards for left to right. Lowered my knockpoint to 1/8" high and am now getting broadheads to group with my field points.

Here is the problem, when I put in a blank shaft, it's a Maxima 350 not the CX 4560, I am getting HORIBLE results. The arrow impacts 8" right, and 3" high when shot at 20 yds. I have verified the results (re-checked the walk back, re did the broad head testing, and re-shot the blank shaft) several times. 3 questions:

1. Is it normal to change the rest location this significantly when changing rests?

2. Could the stiffer shaft be creating the difference in impact? Maxima 350's where 27" long, CX4560's are 27.5", Bowtech Mighty Might (Single Cam) 63 lbs, 28" draw, 100 grain fixed blade tips, shot with a release. I have prepared a blank 4560 to test, but have not due to weather.

3. If it is not the arrow, should I keep tuning to get all three (BH, FP, Bare Shaft) to group?

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I checked tonight using the 4560 bare shaft, and am getting better results. I shot both bare shafts side to side, and there is a 2 - 3 " difference in impact beween them (the stiffer arrow is further right). The bare shaft still tells me I need to correct the rest, but not as much. I'm going to try to zero it using the bare shaft, then recheck BH and walk back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts