Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Open your control panel, click on sounds and audio options, under volume make sure mute is unchecked and check the box for place volume icon in the taskbar.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
try;
start--Programs--Accessories--Entertainment--Volume Control--options--advanced controls. You can unmute from there.
This will probably place the tab back in your sounds and audio devices control panel, you can then check the box to place an icon in your system tray.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If what ridgerunner says doesnt work, can you post a screenshot of the hardware and audio tabs in the sounds and multimedia properties. Its been a while since I used 2000, I can no longer remember these things off the top of my head :(.

By the way that 56 degree next to your clock is spyware, adware or whatever you choose to call it. Unless you put that there yourself I suggest you run spybot and take it off, its just clogging up your system and probably giving you popups.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
menaztricks said:
If what ridgerunner says doesnt work, can you post a screenshot of the hardware and audio tabs in the sounds and multimedia properties. Its been a while since I used 2000, I can no longer remember these things off the top of my head :(.

By the way that 56 degree next to your clock is spyware, adware or whatever you choose to call it. Unless you put that there yourself I suggest you run spybot and take it off, its just clogging up your system and probably giving you popups.

called weatherbug...put in zip and ya get weather forcast,wind,weather radar etc.
and i did download it....I have addware se personal

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Dropzone2006 said:
looks like you need to reinstall soundcard drivers
:darkbeer:

Yup, you sure do. Go to system properties and remove the multimedia audio controller with the exclamation mark, then shut down your PC and reboot. if youre lucky, it will detect everything and youll be fine. If not, just download the drivers from whoever makes your soundcard.

And yup, that would be weatherbug I've removed that from a few PCs whos users had no idea where it came from. Poor weatherbug, at least some people want it :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Why don't you just go to System Restore and reset your system to a few days ago before this all happend.

I'd do that first before you start messing with other stuff.

ox

·
Registered
381 Posts
i think win 2k was one of the lucky few that didnt come with sys restore.....thanks mr bill gates...hahahahha:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
menaztricks said:
Yup, you sure do. Go to system properties and remove the multimedia audio controller with the exclamation mark, then shut down your PC and reboot. if youre lucky, it will detect everything and youll be fine. If not, just download the drivers from whoever makes your soundcard.

And yup, that would be weatherbug I've removed that from a few PCs whos users had no idea where it came from. Poor weatherbug, at least some people want it :)
is weatherbug bad for computer?
step by step on removing multimedia audio controller please.. thanks:wink:

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Oxford said:
Why don't you just go to System Restore and reset your system to a few days ago before this all happend.

I'd do that first before you start messing with other stuff.

ox
Good suggestion!

I still use Win 98SE (and will until they pry it from my cold, dead fingers), and I have a program called GoBack, from which XP's Restore was plagiarized. GoBack is the best thing that ever happened to the average computer user. I paid $50 for it but if I knew how many times it would save my bacon when I bought it I would gladly have paid $500.

I've been hacked. I've had viruses. I've had every miserable, aggravating thing happen that can happen to a computer, but each and every time I've just invoked GoBack and set my entire system back to a time when it was working perfectly, whether that's a few hours or a day or two. Ten minutes later the system is up and running like nothing happened.

The main difference between GoBack and Restore is GoBack is totally independent of Windows. So even if the Registry is wiped out, which has happened to me, GoBack retains good copies. But if the XP Registry is damaged, that's it. Restore won't work because it is a component part of XP.

I have given GoBack to many of my relatives and friends as Christmas gifts and I've gotten plenty calls telling me how great it is. So I strongly recommend it to anyone.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
menaztricks said:
[. . .]

What's wrong with WeatherBug?

I've had WeatherBug since it was introduced and I like it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts