Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my Ritual draw mods and screwed something up. I can’t believe I did not take before photos and now I can’t draw the bow back. It moves a couple inches but the cables are routed wrong. It’s like they are fighting each other. Something’s gone wrong.

Can anyone see what I dorked up? The bow is left handed so the top and bottom cams are reversed on the Ritual.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
It looks as if you have the cable end that wraps around the axle routed into the same track as the cable that attaches to the outside out of the cam. The cable that wraps around the axle, in a tight circle should only be "letting out" cable, not taking up.

Its hard to put it into words. Can you take a close up picture of the cable routing from behind the string. Especially the part where it wraps around the axle

·
Registered
20,645 Posts
They're correct. It's all in your head. Nut up and draw the bow. This actually happens all the time. You get it in your head that something's wrong and your brain won't let you draw the bow. Maybe it would help if you used the correct hand :wink: Seriously though, it's fine.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're correct. It's all in your head. Nut up and draw the bow. This actually happens all the time. You get it in your head that something's wrong and your brain won't let you draw the bow. Maybe it would help if you used the correct hand :wink: Seriously though, it's fine.
Lol
The thought of it locking up does get in a guys head.

I dropped a pair and pulled the dang thing back. All is well...minus my pride and a man card.

·
Registered
20,645 Posts
Lol
The thought of it locking up does get in a guys head.

I dropped a pair and pulled the dang thing back. All is well...minus my pride and a man card.
I've seen this probably 100 times over the years so you're not alone. It's the combination of the fear of messing up an expensive piece of equipment and the fear of the stored energy in those limbs letting loose on you. Makes someone weak when they don't feel that way and that's why you can't draw it back. The mind is a powerful thing. It's best to stay on its good side. :cheers:

·
Beer Whisperer
11,217 Posts
not sure about these new Ritual cams but with some of the older E series cams you’d pick up a little DW depending on which way you went length wise on a mod change. Maybe you gained a little weight and it felt weird due to muscle memory.

Hey it sounds good, right? Lol!

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
At least you didn’t do what I did once, put the draw stops on the wrong side : /

1 - 10 of 10 Posts