Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some arrows for my bow. I downloaded the trial version of OnTarget and came up with a .3138 as my optimal spine at 70#. I have the bow down to 65# now and wanted an arrow that was acceptable at both draw weights. According to the program a spine of .320 to .330 will keep me in the acceptable ranges at both draw weights. Since I have a fair amount of speed I do not need the high KE from a heavy arrow; also I am not the best at guessing distances so the flat shooting, lighter arrow is my preference. I would also like a fairly durable arrow. I am mainly target shooting for fun and hunting. What arrows do you recommend? Where can I get them? Ballpark price?

I assume I am looking at the program correctly, my set up is below. Please let me know if I am off.
2004 BowTech Extreme VFT
Infinity cam (single)
30" draw
70#
29" arrow
100 gr point
standard insert
standard nock
standard blazers

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
841 Posts
70# draw with a 29" arrow should be alright with a 340 spine. When you get that low in the spines, the arrow is going to weigh more unfortunately. You can get 340 spines in almost any arrow I am fairly cerain of, you should try some of that size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts