Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I need some help with picking out a video camera. I currently have a Sony Hi-8 that has worked decent over the years. However, I have been having to many troubles with it eating tapes and batteries and want to up grade. I have a $500 budget. I have been looking at a JVC gz-mg37 which is a 30G hard drive. Really small and has a 32x optical zoom. Does anyone hear have experience with JVC's hard drive cameras? I can only find 1 or 2 reviews online that are less than terrific. However, a guy at work has a similar model and loves it. I'm just not sure how it is in low light. Any other cameras you would recommend in my price range? I like the idea of not having tapes but would consider a mini DV if there were a camera out there of similar features and superior quality.

Oh yeah. Hurry up I have to get it before my fall bear hunt October 1.

Thanks for the help.

D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stay with mini DV tape models for now. You can get higher Quality recordings for less $. Sony makes nice models that preform well in low light and are easy for the point and shoot crowd.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

·
Registered
645 Posts
For that price I would suggest looking at Panasonic's. They have some 3 chip camcorders that are very resonably priced. Go to camcorderinfo.com and check info about them, but they are rated as some of the best. The PV-GS500 is the best but is @$650, then GS300 is @$450, GS150 is @$525. I would pay a little extra and go with the 500. It has some really nice things when it comes to filming hunts like manual focus ring, input for mic, good manual controls, and larger chip to allow more light. The 3 chips will the color and clearity much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts