Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have ordered an EZ Green press and it appears that it wont be here for another 4 weeks or so. In the meantime I have looked at the attachable archery design draw board, but because that is on backorder, I am holding off. I really think I can make my own attachable draw board configuration that mimics the archery design one or the LCA one.

My question is about the dimensions of the angle iron that will fit inside the "arms" of the press. I have family members that can weld, so I will be taking supplies to them to get it built.

Does anyone have any information about the size of angle iron, how it is oriented to the latching winch or the post that holds the bow, and how long should each of the angle irons be?

I will also take any advice that anyone is willing to share as well, especially from people who have done this before. Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
The "L" on the angle iron is 1.5" X 1.5" @ about 1/8" thick. It inserts about 6". You will need a strip of self adhesive Loop material in velcro (Hook and Loop) to snug it up when inserted. Make the square 1/8-1/4 or so larger than 1.5x1.5 that your post will attach to ( where grip of bow goes on)

·
Registered
311 Posts
As for the winch a 1.5x1.5 square tubing won't work because it obstructed at the top where fingers are welded on press. So I would use the same angled iron and weld a plate on to it to mount your winch. Note you could cut your angle iron ahead of time but I wouldn't start welding until you get your press so you'll know what I talking about. Hray

·
Registered
51,491 Posts
Or seeing it will take time to get the press(because they are on backorder), just order the draw board maybe it will come about the same time.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I made my draw board much like average jack archery did. My work bench is set up like his so that is what I did. It does not incorporate the press. Can search it on youtube

·
Registered
614 Posts
Here is my post of the lashing winch draw board.

my angle iron is about 8 inches into the press tubing. the winch side is longer to weld the winch. the metal tube is 3/4 inch x 8 inches, welded half way on the angle iron. the plastic tube over the 3/4 pipe is 1" OD with tubing thickness of 1/8 inch which is 3/4" ID.

the winch crank was 10inches if i remember correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts