Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here’s my situation im 15, and I am shooting really great even out to 85 yards, and ive asked people how to get started in becoming one of the "pros" and making some money on the side or even as a full time job if I get good enough. But the main point is how do you get started and what age? And then the second thing how do you get recognized, I know place well in tournaments but is there a trick to it? :wink:

THANKS,
jake

·
Registered
870 Posts
No trick. Just lots of hardwork and dedication. Try to be a sponge and soak up all the good knowledge from top archers. Learn the proper way to execute great shots, spend alot of time just judging yardage so you can learn each animal and how certain situations cause you to judge differently than others. Set goals and plan how you can achieve them.

Bottom line. Lots of hardwork and dedication.
Jame

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
198 Posts
The trick to placing well in a tournament is shooting better than everybody else. To do that your gonna have to start shooting as much as you can and at as many events as you can. Being able to hit the spot during practice is great but you need to be able to do it when it counts toe to toe with the best shooters you can find to shoot against. Find the best locals and compete against them (regardless of age or shooting style). Travel to other areas and shoot at other events (non-local stuff) find shooters old enough to drive and make friends, tag along to anything they will take you to.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Close the thread and read and reread everything Jame said. Then read it again when ever you stop doing what he said.

He did just win the biggest 3D shoot in the world so I think he may be on to something. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"country"
7,988 Posts
Close the thread and read and reread everything Jame said. Then read it again when ever you stop doing what he said.

He did just win the biggest 3D shoot in the world so I think he may be on to something. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
got that right!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what ever! kid cant get his own answer! "if you dont have something good to say dont say nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
"country"
7,988 Posts
what ever! kid cant get his own answer! "if you dont have something good to say dont say nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamie Jamison answered your question, there is no magic no trick no 1 bow,arrow,release,sight or anything else, you will work your tail off and spend lots of money, judge,shoot, and keep doing it, read what jamie told you, he just won the asa classic this yr, ask him how long it took him to get there, but dont be surprised because he has already told you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts