Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently decided to get into doing archery, i have always been fascinated with bows and the concept of archery but never took the time to try it. So now that i am to that point in which i want to try it, i do need help getting started. I have been researching everything i need to know and what length bow and strength id need to start with. I also went to an archery store yesterday to see if i could get my recurve draw length measured and he wouldn't do it. He said i didnt need one. So now im at a stand still I dont know what length of bow i need or weight. I tryed some of the bows around the shop, pulling the string back and seeing how i handled it and it was odd but kinda makes since i tryed a 62'' bow with 20# and it was pretty easy to pull until the last bit and then i tryed a 68'' i believe and it being 28# and it actually felt more natural to the draw than the other. I have been looking around online for a starter bow and have my eye on either a samick sage or a matrix Ragim. Both are clearly takedown recurve which i what i heard best to start out with. I looked at the order info for the sage and it requests me to designate a specific limb size and i have no idea what to put.

If anyone could help me along with this matter on how to maybe determine my draw length at home, if i even need to and what size bow i need, i would be greatly appreciative. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts