Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I shoot a Hoyt Spyder at 56lbs and 27" dl. I was going to use NAP bloodrunner 3 blade for turkeys but they arent flying well and i wont have time to broadhead tune for a while, can I shoot Rage 40ke or Rage chisel tip for turkeys? I know they work well for some people but don't for others, i love them for deer, I have 56ft lbs of ke btw.

·
Registered
526 Posts
You can but no need just shoot regular rage heads.. Better not to get a pass thru on turkey for bow

·
Registered
526 Posts
I shoot the rage turkey 2 blade head but if. Run out during season I use the regular rage.. I use chisel for deer and hogs

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
Your setup is fine for turkeys

Coming soon... Sethro's Custom Paints

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
why wouldn't you have time to broadhead tune? typically if your bow is already "tuned) Broadhead tuning takes less than 30 minutes.

on the other hand if they are flying "all over the place" rather than grouping differently than your feildpoints then you may not be in tune and may have arrows "all over the place" with any head.

just some thoughts, not meant as criticism as I want to to arrow the bird.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why wouldn't you have time to broadhead tune? typically if your bow is already "tuned) Broadhead tuning takes less than 30 minutes.

on the other hand if they are flying "all over the place" rather than grouping differently than your feildpoints then you may not be in tune and may have arrows "all over the place" with any head.

just some thoughts, not meant as criticism as I want to to arrow the bird.
Yes I know but the season starts in 3 days and I'll be really busy this weekend, I'll try to find some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts